Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

Everybody was making a big deal of the Aaron Harrison Arkansas thing and that was just a stand off. This has to be 100x worst right?

 

Definitely worse for Smart.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You REALLY think this would happen?
Probably not. Just like I don't think crossing the line of going in to the stands solves anything. But if this guy is a raging bigot he certainly could have taken action on a different level. His actions however would not allow him to report the fan. I'm sure the NCAA has some kind of protocol about reporting fans.
Everybody was making a big deal of the Aaron Harrison Arkansas thing and that was just a stand off. This has to be 100x worst right?
Umm, yeah.
"Random" meaning this idiot fan sits in this same spot every game surrounded by African Americans all the time and he now suddenly decides to yell the n-word. Or maybe he always sits there as the designated super-fan and uses racially incentive language. Who knows?

 

We're talking about West Texas here.

Sadly Marcus's credibility is about a 1 right now on a scale of 1-10. That was before this incident. If true - remember, this would have been yelled, not whispered - surely someone else heard it.

 

Well the two ladies on either side of him aren't going to rat him out, they already know he's a racist...(if that's the case)

 

Plenty of people around. If that's what he said I'm sure we will find out.

And for the record I don't condone violence and I think Smart screwed up big time, but I would love to see this guy punched in the face. I can't imagine the crap players hear and the constant berating they endure. Another example as to why rushing the court should be banned. This was not a court rush incident, but you can see the emotions that intertwine with volatile fans and players.

It doesn't matter what the fan said. If the fan said anything racially inappropriate, then he should be banned from entering the arena. However, players cannot be allowed to go into the stands and have any altercation with the fans. EVER!!! The situations that could result would destroy the sport. That's why the NBA came down so hard on Ron Artest.

 

I would not be surprised to see the Big 12 or OSU come down hard and Smart end up gone for the remainder of the season.

I seriously doubt he said anything racial but who knows...

 

It's a black thing. You wouldn't understand.

Everybody was making a big deal of the Aaron Harrison Arkansas thing and that was just a stand off. This has to be 100x worst right?

 

That was black on black violence. That's entertainment.

It doesn't matter what the fan said. If the fan said anything racially inappropriate, then he should be banned from entering the arena. However, players cannot be allowed to go into the stands and have any altercation with the fans. EVER!!! The situations that could result would destroy the sport. That's why the NBA came down so hard on Ron Artest.

 

I would not be surprised to see the Big 12 or OSU come down hard and Smart end up gone for the remainder of the season.

What people can't ignore is the worst case scenario. Say he yelled the n-word and Smart in the eyes of millions reacts acceptably the way he did. What if this had started an all out brawl? Which it had the potential for. Would it be considered a smart (no pun intended) move then?

I wouldn't say Smart "went into the stands".

 

He was trying to make a play with the block and gets up going into the stands because his momentum carried him there. Smart is running the floor at full speed, smacks the ball/backboard, falls and his momentum carries him into press row. A fan helps him up and Smart turns to one behind him, says something, the fan says something back, and Smart pushes him.

 

This isn't like Smart ran into the stands like Ron Artest. I don't know why Smart turns his full attention to the guy he isn't even looking at beforehand unless some pretty nasty stuff is being said. Also, look at how the ballboy under the basket (grey hat) tries to grab Smart's hand/arm before he reacts. Why would he be doing that??? Hmmm...

 

 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10426105/marcus-smart-oklahoma-state-cowboys-shoves-fan

Disclaimer:

 

Be careful what you say regarding this situation until all the facts are known. Most of you have no clue.

 

Call my kid a racial slur while he is on the court and watch what happens.

If the N word was said by the guy, I don't blame Smart one bit. He still has to be punished, but I don't think any less of him.

Thoughts on this tweet?

 

will the NCAA educate? What should Smart do in a situation like that? Fan shouldn't only be called out if player reacts poorly.

If the N word was said by the guy, I don't blame Smart one bit. He still has to be punished, but I don't think any less of him.

 

If he hadn't kicked in a chair last week I would agree.... but he did.

Anger management classes may be in order.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.