Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 87 Kentucky 82

Featured Replies

That's quite optimistic Randy. This team will be lucky to win a single game away from Rupp the rest of the way.

 

They go to:

 

Missouri (loss)

Mississippi State (should win)

Auburn (should win)

Ole Miss (loss)

South Carolina (win)

Florida (loss)

 

But I'm with you that this team needs to show it can win away from Rupp.

  • Replies 264
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True but what potential is there? The potential for the Harrison's to get embarrassed in the half court? The potential for WCS to miss lay ups? The potential of an nba big taking away Randle's left hand?

 

Yep. The potential is there for all of them, but I imagine the only thing this season has done is make scouts and GMs question the potential for the all of them. There's no way guys like the Twins or WCS are 1st round picks, unless there is a drastic shift over the remainder of the season.

Regarding the "tiring of the 1 & dones" talk I've seen in here, I think this year's team is the beginning of Cal trying to create a balance. He brought in 8 freshman, 4 of which are definite 2 year players, and a couple of which are without question 4 year guys. Next year's class has Booker and Ullis, which IMO, are definite 2-3 year guys. It's not going to change from a "1 & done factory" overnight, and I think this year's class was the first step in finding a balance.

2 things I see that need to change and I take away from everyones posts:

 

Effort & Decision Making

UK is playing itself into a 6 or 7 seed in the NCAA tournament. Man, this team is frustrating. Cal needs to pull out, if there are any, some motivational ploys to use on these guys. They just don't seem to care sometimes.

LSU 87 ... that tells the tale.

 

Quick guards are a problem because the Harrison's can't play defense.

 

Zone defense is a problem because Young is the only consistent shooter, and this young team doesn't have the patience to work for a good shot.

 

Every player on this team, including Randle, is flawed. You may as well chop Randle's right arm off because he has no use for it. He constantly makes bad decisions in the post - shoots when he is triple teamed; kicks it out when he is one on one with a path to score. The whole team looked lost tonight. I loved Dakich hammering on them because they deserved it. That was a terrible game, their worst one of the year IMO.

 

I've not been big on Randle at all this year. Last night epitomized the reasons why.

I saw @GregNJ mention it on twitter and I completely agree.....This year's team and last year's lack the guy with the chip on his shoulder. The guys that came from nothing....The Bledsoe, Cousins, Liggins, MKG types. Guys that had that "don't mess with me" attitude.

Is there anyone who wishes UK would have gone after Hickey?

Is there anyone who wishes UK would have gone after Hickey?

 

Nope. Teague was a much better option.

@GoodmanESPN

I think its time we all came to agreement that the Harrison Twins were vastly overrated by some/many coming out of high school.

Has UK players issued an apolgy yet for the crap they gave us. I apologize for giving up so early, but at least I wanted to be there. I got out of my chair and yelled more than the players did. They play 2 games a week, how can you not get up for a game, it aint like baseball where you play 5 games a week.

This teams AAU mentality is hard to watch.

Is there anyone who wishes UK would have gone after Hickey?

 

In place of who at that time? Was it Teague?

Has UK players issued an apolgy yet for the crap they gave us. I apologize for giving up so early, but at least I wanted to be there. I got out of my chair and yelled more than the players did. They play 2 games a week, how can you not get up for a game, it aint like baseball where you play 5 games a week.

This teams AAU mentality is hard to watch.

 

Why would they owe anyone an apology? :confused:

Do you watch the NBA? Or is part of being a UL homer mean you can't since Jurich doesn't want a team lol?

 

Anthony Davis is a monster if you don't think he's a top NBA player Deuce you don't follow bball. Had he not been injured, you would have seen more Sportscenter highlights since clearly you don't follow the league.

 

If you think Anthony Davis is RIGHT NOW a Top 3 (again, :lol2:) player in the NBA, you are clearly the one who doesn't follow basketball. That's one of most ridiculous posts you've ever made.

Nope. Teague was a much better option.

 

 

But Hickey would still be at UK. And he'd be a junior this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.