Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 87 Kentucky 82

Featured Replies

In Tubby's defense, "As a society we get caught up on HYPE and not on results." Look at the overall records of him to other UK coaches.

  • Replies 264
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many times did they miss making the 2nd round?

 

Only coach in UK history to never miss the tournament.

Zero.
So nobody wants to address the fact that Cal didn't do a presser last night? Didn't another coach just get raked through the coals for the same thing?

 

Didn't know that. I turned it off early. :ohbrother:

Edited by JokersWild24

Even if he did catch lightning in a bottle and he doesn't get back to the Final Four during his time (depending on how many years he stays) you can't say he hasn't been successful. Even with last year being rough and this year not being the greatest, the program is light years where it was under BCG.

 

Know what you mean, but that isn't saying a lot really. BCG might have been the worst train wreck in our history of hires.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but apparently WCS was shouting at Coach Payne on the bench last night???

I understand your point, but once his own players were brought in, they sniffed a title only 2xs. How many times did they get bounced in the second round?

 

 

People can deny it till they are blue in the face, but I believe wholeheartedly if Tubby were white he would have been appreciated a lot more than he was, and is now. IMO he is the best in game coach Kentucky has had since Rupp.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but apparently WCS was shouting at Coach Payne on the bench last night???

 

They had video of it during the game. Payne was NOT happy.

This was the first one I saw...

 

@LSUBeatTweet Meanwhile, Kentucky coach John Calipari skipped his postgame radio show and exited quicker than Secretariat

 

And then...

 

@rexchapman Where do we watch Cal's presser?

 

If he did one, my bad... Just didn't seem like it from several posts on Twitter that I read this morning.

 

They told him to do one or the other because they were closing the roads is why Cal did one and Kenny Payne did one...

People can deny it till they are blue in the face, but I believe wholeheartedly if Tubby were white he would have been appreciated a lot more than he was, and is now. IMO he is the best in game coach Kentucky has had since Rupp.

 

I agree on both points. Tubby used the first half to size up the game and the second half, especially last 10 minutes, he knew who to play and what to do to get the win. Perhaps his best attribute as a coach was in game adjustments and coaching the last 10 minutes.

Anyone else starting to have real doubts of Randle's ability to "make it" in the NBA game? He plays against any kind of size or length and he's completely overwhelmed it seems.

 

Starting to? I've not been impressed since the Michigan State game.

 

Really like James Young. The light looks like it's coming on for Dakari. Cauley-Stein has played well at times, but don't know what's going on with him lately.

 

Alex Poythress has improved tremendously from this same point in time last season. Looking back on it, I think Poythress shouldn't necessarily be lumped into the group of people who just didn't get off the bus last night. He did some things to help keep it from being worse, especially on the offensive end.

 

Hawkins plays hard and is a kid you want to root for, but he's a freshman and just not ready for more than spot duty. Polson is kind of in the same boat. He's had some moments this year where he's knocked down open looks, but there's not really much else he's going to be able to bring to the table against top competition.

 

Haven't really seen enough of Marcus Lee or Derek Willis, which tells me something in and of itself, but at least they play like they have a pulse.

 

Aaron Harrison has had his moments and once the expectations got adjusted for him after all of the initial hype, I thought he's shot the ball well and showed more handle and passing ability than he's given credit for (one game he looked decent when pressed into playing the point for awhile). Overall, both Harrisons just haven't brought it defensively.

 

On the other hand, I think most of Randle's problems are on the offensive end. He just seems like a guy who isn't adjusting to no longer being bigger, stronger, and more athletic than everyone else he plays. Tons of turnovers for a guy playing his position.

This was the first one I saw...

 

@LSUBeatTweet Meanwhile, Kentucky coach John Calipari skipped his postgame radio show and exited quicker than Secretariat

 

And then...

 

@rexchapman Where do we watch Cal's presser?

 

If he did one, my bad... Just didn't seem like it from several posts on Twitter that I read this morning.

 

The first tweet..consider the source. Rex was just asking where we could listen to it......not that he didn't do one.

Is there anyone who wishes UK would have gone after Hickey?

 

Personally, no. Nothing against him, but I think there were probably more than a handful of players we realistically could have gotten at the time that would have been a better fit than I think he would be.

Polson? Hood? Any of them dudes at the end of the bench? Hawkins? Willis? Malone? Long? In place of anyone.

 

Hood was already there, he committed to BCG. Way older. He was also a top 40 player and has had some injuries during his time at UK. I know there's the knee and that he missed some time with mono. All that said, there were people who weren't exactly sold on him coming out of high school either.

 

Is he a better player than Malone or Long? Certainly. I'm guessing he probably wasn't going to walk on though. Even if he would have, you wonder about chemistry issues. I'm thinking that he's been disciplined by LSU in the past.

 

I think Willis is going to have a nice college career when it's all said and done. Probably never going to be a star or anything like that, but the kind of guy who'll give us something his Junior and Senior years.

From what I have seen of Hickey I think he is at or below the mid way point of high major point guards. If he didn't have KY ties there wouldn't be a single person that watched him play and thought "man that kid is what UK is missing"...

They told him to do one or the other because they were closing the roads is why Cal did one and Kenny Payne did one...

 

That makes sense. Like I said I was just going off what I read on Twitter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.