Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 87 Kentucky 82

Featured Replies

Cal has one more run left, he's collecting talent on the bench and will make one more final 4 run next year, or the year after and he will have had enough.

  • Replies 264
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only thing I am super concerned with is the defense. It's a major issue. This team is frustrating but I'm not going to overreact to 1 loss.

 

Couldn't say it better myself. The Twins struggling offensively in the same game isn't what concerns me. Its the fact that they let LSU do just about anything they wanted against us. Just a frustrating loss but you'll have them on the road in Jan sometimes. We are just too spoiled as a fan base.

Couple things....

 

1) Easily the most embarrassing performance of any team in the Cal era.

 

2) WCS needs to sit the pine. He's utterly useless on the court.

 

3) This team is so similar to last year's it's scary.

 

4) I'm not sure they win another game away from Rupp this season.

 

5) I take back everything I said about this team being a F4 contender. I'll be happy if they make it past the first game at this point.

 

6) At what point does some of the blame start to fall on Cal and his staff for the constant lack of effort, the refusal to play as a team, and the consistent lackadaisical starts?

Davis is the 3rd best player the NBA now. It was a freak season, take away that class and Brandon Knight and I don't know how this experiment goes.

 

But you can't take them away. It might not be the best model, but at this point (not talking about the future) you can't say it hasn't been successful.

This was the first one I saw...

 

@LSUBeatTweet Meanwhile, Kentucky coach John Calipari skipped his postgame radio show and exited quicker than Secretariat

 

And then...

 

@rexchapman Where do we watch Cal's presser?

 

If he did one, my bad... Just didn't seem like it from several posts on Twitter that I read this morning.

 

He did...He only hung around for about 4 minutes, but he did one according to what I read on Twitter.

People all over Twitter talking about him not doing one... Let me see if I can find it.

 

He skipped the postgame radio show I think is what happened.

I think the issue with most of Cal's teams is that he recruits kids that come in knowing they are going to the NBA the next year. This means they don't work as hard or care as much because they know there is a pay day around the corner. College basketball is just a necessary evil for a lot of the kids Cal recruits. NCAA please get rid of the one and dones. I believe Cal just got lucky and caught lightning in a bottle with the 2012 team..I hope I am wrong...:banghead:

This was the first one I saw...

 

@LSUBeatTweet Meanwhile, Kentucky coach John Calipari skipped his postgame radio show and exited quicker than Secretariat

 

And then...

 

@rexchapman Where do we watch Cal's presser?

 

If he did one, my bad... Just didn't seem like it from several posts on Twitter that I read this morning.

 

Cal did NOT do his post game show. He sent Kenny Payne to do it. The Lexington Herald states that Payne did the radio post game show. He sat for around 4 minutes at a press conference and ended it rather quickly.

I always try to remain positive about the Cats but they are making it tough. To those who say the following, which even I have made that sound like, "This is how Brandon Knight's team was..."

 

2 major differences:

 

1) That team had very quick guards and weren't the best defenders but they defended much better than our 1 & 2 and that is essential for a deep run in the tournament.

 

2) This team doesn't seem to have half of the Basketball IQ of that team.

I think the issue with most of Cal's teams is that he recruits kids that come in knowing they are going to the NBA the next year. This means they don't work as hard or care as much because they know there is a pay day around the corner. College basketball is just a necessary evil for a lot of the kids Cal recruits. NCAA please get rid of the one and dones. I believe Cal just got lucky and caught lightning in a bottle with the 2012 team..I hope I am wrong...:banghead:

 

Even if he did catch lightning in a bottle and he doesn't get back to the Final Four during his time (depending on how many years he stays) you can't say he hasn't been successful. Even with last year being rough and this year not being the greatest, the program is light years where it was under BCG.

He skipped the postgame radio show I think is what happened.

 

Gotcha. Thanks. :thumb:

This team was way overhyped in the summer. It is what it is...it's a young team trying to adjust to division I college basketball. Julius Randle is good but he's no Anthony Davis, John Wall or DeMarcus Cousins. Those types of players are freaks and are not the norm. The Harrison twins have talent but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they were never coached properly in high school. There's a serious lack of fundamentals and basketball IQ on this team and it shows.

Even if he did catch lightning in a bottle and he doesn't get back to the Final Four during his time (depending on how many years he stays) you can't say he hasn't been successful. Even with last year being rough and this year not being the greatest, the program is light years where it was under BCG.

 

It is just frustrating as you know. The biggest disappointment to me so far have been the twins. They just don't seem to get it.

I think the issue with most of Cal's teams is that he recruits kids that come in knowing they are going to the NBA the next year. This means they don't work as hard or care as much because they know there is a pay day around the corner. College basketball is just a necessary evil for a lot of the kids Cal recruits. NCAA please get rid of the one and dones. I believe Cal just got lucky and caught lightning in a bottle with the 2012 team..I hope I am wrong...:banghead:

 

What do you suggest the NCAA does to "get rid" of a rule they have zero control over???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.