Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 87 Kentucky 82

Featured Replies

:thumb: NO Defense played or attempted to play. The entire team stood straight up, wouldn't move their feet and watched.

:no:

About the Harrison's.....I have to question, "can't play D" or "don't want to play D". :idunno:

 

I think that is a very good point on the Harrison's. I don't think they have played hard all year.

  • Replies 264
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well go ahead and get the teeth gnashing out of the way, because this team is done. Done as in if it makes it past the Sweet 16 I will be shocked. Too many deficiencies and not enough time with this roster.

 

This team has so many deficiencies at this stage that I am not sure if they can correct. One issue is defense. They were making some strides on defense but mercy they slipped on defense tonight. This team is barely in the top 50 in regards to Defensive Efficiency. Without WCS in the game we can't protect the rim. This is a zone team by personnel but Cal reluctant or too stubborn to try it. On offense, this is easily the worst perimeter shooting team since Cal's first team. Zones are coming in heavy doses and until someone steps up and consistently knocks down shots, Randle will have tough sledding in the post. He was exposed tonight versus long athletic post players.

 

I'm slowly tiring of the one and done revolving door. Maybe it's me getting older, but you see these games coming and we all know that its unlikely we win Saturday, but it doesn't sting like it did in the past. We can all whine and moan about players not caring about the name on the jersey, but when the key components are only on campus for 10 months it will be hard for them to care about that name on the front that we all value. Eith that being said, and I saw this quote on another board but many are confusing "not giving a darn" with ignorance. With the turnover, it lacks leadership. I doubt many of us realize how hard it is to mesh a bunch of kids who have likely been coddled for most of their lives and consuming 78% of the minutes to mesh as a cohesive unit on both ends of the floor. We caught lightning in a bottle with 2012 team. Honestly, that year spoiled us as fans and the year prior to that whetted our appetite. Those teams were gifted athletically, but had vets and leadership and a player who had the will. This team has none of the three, IMO. There is talent, but it hasn't meshed and one season may not be enough for it too.

Which one of the Harrison's made the pre-season comment that either of them could "lock down" Eric Bledsoe right now? I don't think both of them together could stop him.

UK has some real problems this year. Only way to put it really.

Knew it was going to be a hard game to win,but just do some of the little things and play defense and it was obtainable. Johnson and Young kept us in the game. Strange game to watch and understand......

Slow down Bluto. You're getting in such a hurry you can't get the thread title correct. :lol2:

So nobody wants to address the fact that Cal didn't do a presser last night? Didn't another coach just get raked through the coals for the same thing?

This team is 2-5 away from Rupp. The NCAA Tournament is not being played at Rupp. There is only a month left.

 

But also not played on the road either. But I get what you are saying.

By my count that's 5 now, and a few more to come. This team just isn't very good. Can we start calling him 10 loss Cal now? That's what they did to Tubby.

 

If his teams lose 10 games 50% of the time I guess you could.

I knew LSU bigs would play well, but UK didn't defend Hickey or Stringer

well at all. The Cats are talented and can play at times but that's the key I

believe playing in spurts instead of putting a complete game together.

WCS is puzzling to me... It might be time to let him ride the pine for a little

bit to send a message. I'm not sure what team will show at Mizzou and haven't

seen Mizzou enough to say how it will turn out.

So nobody wants to address the fact that Cal didn't do a presser last night? Didn't another coach just get raked through the coals for the same thing?

 

He didn't? I saw a video at a table with him Dakari Johnson after the game taking a few questions. If that's not a press conference than idk what is haha

Just for you Deuce

 

[video=youtube_share;QAQaIluAQzM]

He didn't? I saw a video at a table with him Dakari Johnson after the game taking a few questions. If that's not a press conference than idk what is haha

 

People all over Twitter talking about him not doing one... Let me see if I can find it.

He didn't? I saw a video at a table with him Dakari Johnson after the game taking a few questions. If that's not a press conference than idk what is haha

 

This was the first one I saw...

 

@LSUBeatTweet Meanwhile, Kentucky coach John Calipari skipped his postgame radio show and exited quicker than Secretariat

 

And then...

 

@rexchapman Where do we watch Cal's presser?

 

If he did one, my bad... Just didn't seem like it from several posts on Twitter that I read this morning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.