KHSAA Stats Leaders

A lot of teams don't do it for scouting purposes. Don't want opposing coaches who aren't familiar with them to be able to look at stats and see which kids do what well.

Bottomline.....that's a sad excuse if that's their reasoning. :facepalm:

A lot of teams don't do it for scouting purposes. Don't want opposing coaches who aren't familiar with them to be able to look at stats and see which kids do what well.

Oh come on Walter, with today's Internet and Hudle systems, it isn't too hard to find something out about a team. Honestly I think it is just being lazy. When the new KHSAA commissioner took over, I wrote a E-mail to him asking why the KHSAA didn't require school to post the information and he told me under him, he would require it, well years later and it still isn't being done. If the KHSAA isn't going to require it or if it is required, then enforce it or do away with it.

Quite frankly besides the stats far too many teams don't even post correct rosters! Honestly it's a shame as the KHSAA has one of the best High School Web site anywhere!

I personally could care less whether or not teams post stats. Who cares? Some football coaches don't post stats because they simply don't want their kids seeing them and pressing to reach certain marks.

Coaches have different reasons for not posting them but if they don't want to, I don't see the big deal. If you want to know a team's stats, you can very easily email the coach and request them. That is what the paper used to do when they actually gave coverage to NKY high school athletes. Each week, Ernst would send out the ballot for the top 10 rankings and on the same ballot you would also fill in your stats.

I personally could care less whether or not teams post stats. Who cares? Some football coaches don't post stats because they simply don't want their kids seeing them and pressing to reach certain marks.

Coaches have different reasons for not posting them but if they don't want to, I don't see the big deal. If you want to know a team's stats, you can very easily email the coach and request them. That is what the paper used to do when they actually gave coverage to NKY high school athletes. Each week, Ernst would send out the ballot for the top 10 rankings and on the same ballot you would also fill in your stats.

My goodness Walter I am a old guy but does anyone do anything by snail mail and paper any more?

The NKy/Cin.com Stats are now entered in via a web page and it's a snap to do. Again takes just about 10/15 minutes to do (less if "The Boss" helps).

Again simply no reason not to add the information to the paper very good stats service, as it pretty easy for College Coaches to just look at some kid stats especially the lower level College with out big staff or budgets.

My only suggestion for the Cin/NKy.com folks (SKINNY LISTEN UP), for the stats be it football, basketball or Baseball, is to have separate pages for the Ohio and Kentucky schools. At the present time both the Ohio and Kentucky school share the same data base. It would be nice not to have to look through all the Ohio School to find out stuff about the NKy schools

I apologize for being lazy:

Just finished updating the enquirer site and I will get to the KHSAA site sometime today.

For Beechwood, Jacob Huff would be 2nd in the state in 3 point goals made per game at 3.2, he's 38-98 on the year. Beechwood team defense scoring per game would be 4th in the state at 48.2

It is a shame that some coaches are willing to shortchange their players (especially those who might obtain a scholarship at the next level) simply because they fear that without withholding such information from their opponents they might not be able to out-coach the other coach. Also for some I think it exposes the coach's mistakes in judgment in how he handles his roster of players. With the stats out there for the whole world to see it is easier for Joe Fan to see who shoots 50% from the floor, 40% from behind the three line or 75% from the FT line or averages double-figures in rebounds.

Perhaps they haven't taken note that if you climb the ladder to the next level or beyond, all of those numbers will be exposed. So what does that say about them that they don't have the confidence to coach with the whole world knowing exactly what their players' numbers actually are?

What does it say to the parents of those players that their coach puts his insecurity in his own abilities above their child's possible opportunity to be noticed by "the next level" because their stats get them noticed.

In the defense of some schools, they are prohibitively short staffed. I spoke with one recently who has to stat the games himself, submit the stats himself, along with all the other responsibilities of a head coach. His assistant takes care of all of his Hudl stuff. I suggested that a student could be assigned something like that, but again, it may be that some schools don't have the manpower literally to do all that is required to do it accurately.

And for the record, I think all schools should report, but it may not be as easy as we think it is to do it all shorthanded.