KHSAA Stats Leaders

My goodness Walter I am a old guy but does anyone do anything by snail mail and paper any more?

The NKy/Cin.com Stats are now entered in via a web page and it's a snap to do. Again takes just about 10/15 minutes to do (less if "The Boss" helps).

Again simply no reason not to add the information to the paper very good stats service, as it pretty easy for College Coaches to just look at some kid stats especially the lower level College with out big staff or budgets.

My only suggestion for the Cin/NKy.com folks (SKINNY LISTEN UP), for the stats be it football, basketball or Baseball, is to have separate pages for the Ohio and Kentucky schools. At the present time both the Ohio and Kentucky school share the same data base. It would be nice not to have to look through all the Ohio School to find out stuff about the NKy schools

I probably look like a butt-in-ski here, but Walter wasn't suggesting having anything done by snail mail. He was simply pointing to how things were done in the past immediately following his comment to possibly email a coach for stats.

As far as things being done in snail mail today, sadly I just had the experience of emailing Rolling Stone Magazine customer service about a missed issue, they emailed me back with a choice to have it resent or extend my subscription, but to give them my answer I would have to "snail mail" them my choice.

I suppose they don''t want people too easily fudging the truth to wrongly get a free copy, but I was dumbfounded that they could email me a response, but I wont get anything done unless I "snail mail" them.

They won't even respond to my request to just please handle it online, and now I'm not even sure whether my subscription is in a holding status or not, because I still haven't even received the next issue yet, which I probably already should have, and there's no way to reach them by phone to find out as they give you no human options when calling.

Looks like I did myself no favors even reporting it, because now it seems that if I want to see the rest of my subscription that expires in July, I'm going to have to snail mail them no, ifs, ands, or butts.

I apologize for being lazy:

Just finished updating the enquirer site and I will get to the KHSAA site sometime today.

For Beechwood, Jacob Huff would be 2nd in the state in 3 point goals made per game at 3.2, he's 38-98 on the year. Beechwood team defense scoring per game would be 4th in the state at 48.2

In addition, 10th in the state in team rebounding at 34.3 a game.

In the defense of some schools, they are prohibitively short staffed. I spoke with one recently who has to stat the games himself, submit the stats himself, along with all the other responsibilities of a head coach. His assistant takes care of all of his Hudl stuff. I suggested that a student could be assigned something like that, but again, it may be that some schools don't have the manpower literally to do all that is required to do it accurately.

And for the record, I think all schools should report, but it may not be as easy as we think it is to do it all shorthanded.

I concede that the points you make are valid. SOME schools simply don't have the kind of staff or outside support to get stats done like most of us would like. However, SOME schools also just have coaches who make no effort to input stats or even have decent scorekeepers at their table. Few things irritate so much as to be the visiting team and have the fate of how many fouls each player has, how many time outs have been taken or charged and who has the next possession, fall upon some young person who obviously doesn't even know what all they're supposed to do to keep score properly.

Sorry for the rant. I just think that if you take your program seriously you should be able to do these kinds of things in the proper manner.