2014 9th Region Predictions

BLUEHOUND

My question is this, how is Ryle #2? I can understand Beechwood as #1 since they return pretty much everyone (if not everyone) but Ryle graduated 13 players (5-6 which were starters and everyday players)...

And maybe it's the homer in me, but how is Dixie only 4th or 5th when they, like Beechwood, return practically everyone? They made the regional finals last year with a lineup that consisted of mainly sophomores and juniors. Maybe I'm just out of touch with what the rest of the 9th has. :idunno:

Ryle to me is always one of those teams that always seems to play big through the regionals. They remind me of the Steelers in the NFL, always seem to just reload when they lose players and right back to being dangerous enough to finish near or at the top.

Last year I don't think they were ranked in the top 3 pre season while others like Cooper who was ranked around #3 ended up #11 in NKY while Ryle wins regionals. I guess it has to do with history this year more than anything.

Dixie can be really really good this year if their pitching paves the way.

Like I said though. The top 3 or 4 are pretty solid the bottom 4-5 you can flip

A coin.

I'm hoping Cooper surprises a lot of folks but we've been thinking that the last 2 years. Time to prove themselves this year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is this, how is Ryle #2? I can understand Beechwood as #1 since they return pretty much everyone (if not everyone) but Ryle graduated 13 players (5-6 which were starters and everyday players)...

And maybe it's the homer in me, but how is Dixie only 4th or 5th when they, like Beechwood, return practically everyone? They made the regional finals last year with a lineup that consisted of mainly sophomores and juniors. Maybe I'm just out of touch with what the rest of the 9th has. :idunno:

Ryle should be #1 to start the season. The reason is pitching. They have a very deep rotation and three very good, experienced pitchers at the top of the rotation. They also will still have a very solid line up (Downs, Clarkson, Forbes, Deters, etc) that will score plenty of runs. They also play a very tough schedule every year. Top five would be Ryle, Beechwood, Dixie, Highlands, New Cath.

Ryle should be #1 to start the season. The reason is pitching. They have a very deep rotation and three very good, experienced pitchers at the top of the rotation. They also will still have a very solid line up (Downs, Clarkson, Forbes, Deters, etc) that will score plenty of runs. They also play a very tough schedule every year. Top five would be Ryle, Beechwood, Dixie, Highlands, New Cath.

Doesn't Ryle have a soph pitcher that is really good? I seem to remember hearing about a young pitcher last season.

Did Deters have arm problems last year? Not sure how much Forbes will pitch. Blue has a pretty good arm also.I'm not sure they should be put at #1 considering how many seniors lost. Their district will be tough enough to get out of.

Ryle should be #1 after graduating 13 seniors? Those seniors included their starting CF and entire starting IF. The kid that will be playing CF this year did get a fair share of playing time last year so it won't be a huge change there but there wasn't a lot of varsity experienced gained at the other positions that need replaced.

Cooper, Dixie, Beechwood, Highlands, etc.. will have very good rotations and didn't graduate 13 kids. Why would they be behind Ryle?

Ryle should be #1 after graduating 13 seniors? Those seniors included their starting CF and entire starting IF. The kid that will be playing CF this year did get a fair share of playing time last year so it won't be a huge change there but there wasn't a lot of varsity experienced gained at the other positions that need replaced.

Cooper, Dixie, Beechwood, Highlands, etc.. will have very good rotations and didn't graduate 13 kids. Why would they be behind Ryle?

I just think that high school baseball has a lot to do with pitching and I think Ryle's pitching has a chance to be better all through the rotation. It is always tough to predict the 9th region but they are my favorite. I gotta back my boys although I am a strong "Max" supporter as well.

If going on pitching alone, the staff of Suchanek, Combs, Stringer, Randolph, and Fieger is going to be tough to match. Their only variable will be the lineup in the 5 slot on. If Hamilton, Schmidt and Booth all hit the way they did in 2012, that team could be special.

Did Deters have arm problems last year? Not sure how much Forbes will pitch. Blue has a pretty good arm also.I'm not sure they should be put at #1 considering how many seniors lost. Their district will be tough enough to get out of.

Ryle lost a lot, Tyler Mason big RBI guy .400 batter, another .400 hitter and Ryle all time Triple leader in Bauman. Jackson Brennan and T. Lonieman the MIF were always on the pads. Losing 10 game winner Hoard, See who had big wins and Pulice puts a huge hole in the rotation. Deters and Cordrey had innings at 1st and 3rd and it is yet to be seen if Downs and Forbes move back to MIF like freshmen and JV yrs.

With that said, Beechwood was challenged offensively, scoring almost 100 runs less than Ryle winning 11 games by 2 runs or less. Beechwood won 3 games only scoring 2 runs. They did have a boat load of homers and starting the year probably the best rotation.

Edited by Dingerbird