2014 9th Region Predictions

BLUEHOUND

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Todd Ramey. He was solid with the bat for the Chiefs and on top of that a very nice kid. Needs to work on other aspects of his game to become a 5 tool player. I will put him up against practically anyone from the hitting perspective without a doubt.

Todd I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
I beieve we are straying of topic a bit but I'm still not sure why everyone falls in love with the gun. Give me a kid with just enough speed to keep hitters honest, a couple of different off-speed pitches and by far more important than velocity, can throw strikes!

Now back to the pedictions, any more?

I will predict the regional participants as;

Dixie (District Winner) & St. Henry (Runner-up)

Beechwood (DW) & Cov Cath

Ryle (DW) & Cooper

Highlands (DW) & New Cath

Completly un-related; It still seems odd to me that kids from Dixie go to grade school with kids from Scott but the schools are in different regions.

How many seniors did Ryle lose from last years team? It's hard for me to believe they are favored to win the 9th.

How many seniors did Ryle lose from last years team? It's hard for me to believe they are favored to win the 9th.

13. But they had juniors that contributed to last year's team that are returning and their lower levels seem to always produce quality players. Don't know if they will be favored or not but they will be in the mix.

13. But they had juniors that contributed to last year's team that are returning and their lower levels seem to always produce quality players. Don't know if they will be favored or not but they will be in the mix.

Didn't they only had 2 or 3 Juniors in the lineup? IMO It will be a tall task to fill the holes that last years seniors left.

Didn't they only had 2 or 3 Juniors in the lineup? IMO It will be a tall task to fill the holes that last years seniors left.

In their regular starting lineup? Yes only 2-3. I know they keep their LF and RF. They lost their CF to graduation but the backup did play quite a bit. Possibly graduated their entire IF but once again I believe Coach Roesel got playing time for the younger kids.

They may be a work in progress at the beginning of the year but they'll be ready come tourney time.

I like Boone County Rebels chances this year with the players they bring back. They lost one quality hitter / pitcher last year in Nolan Klein but with Blake Roedenshimer moving up to varsity full time that should move Trey Martin to third. Everyone is talking about great arms on their team and how their team has the best rotation but don't count out the Rebels pitching staff. Trey Ganns leads the team of seniors with some nice young talent coming up from the JV team. Sophomore Jeff Purnell should find a spot in the rotation with a nice fast ball around 80 and Tanner Gieske back from injury should fill in nicely. Its going to be a great year, come on warm weather!:popcorn:

I like Boone County Rebels chances this year with the players they bring back. They lost one quality hitter / pitcher last year in Nolan Klein but with Blake Roedenshimer moving up to varsity full time that should move Trey Martin to third. Everyone is talking about great arms on their team and how their team has the best rotation but don't count out the Rebels pitching staff. Trey Ganns leads the team of seniors with some nice young talent coming up from the JV team. Sophomore Jeff Purnell should find a spot in the rotation with a nice fast ball around 80 and Tanner Gieske back from injury should fill in nicely. Its going to be a great year, come on warm weather!:popcorn:

Don't forget about the Rebels version of Bronson Arroyo - B Stanley!

Mitch is a fantastic pitcher. I am a snob, fire away, but watch what happens with him now that he is playing for the Flames. He will blow up, and some really nice schools will start calling as long as he performs like I think he will. I know it's not a popular stance, but playing for the Flames, Midland, etc really pays dividends when it comes college time. Kids get looks just based on texts/calls from coaches, and seeing who they play for. Level of comp is game changer. I am not saying it's better baseball than what local NKY kids play, but it's the perception.