2014 9th Region Predictions

BLUEHOUND

Come on now.

Clyde, it's getting close to the time of year where there will be several kids throwing 90 at several different schools. We hear it every year.

Dunn should be one of the top throwers velocity wise in NKY. I'm just not sure what the actual speed will be though.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyde, it's getting close to the time of year where there will be several kids throwing 90 at several different schools. We hear it every year.

Dunn should be one of the top throwers velocity wise in NKY. I'm just not sure what the actual speed will be though.

:thumb:

Back when I played I'm sure people were on the other end of the spectrum after watching me pitch. "That kid can't be throwing more than 50..." :lol2:

I work with his dad and I confirmed this morning that he was clocked as high as 93MPH. He is training at a place called Champions. He has been training up there with some guy named Mike. I guess we could call and see. I don't think he would lie.

Mike Bricker at Champions... That says enough

I beieve we are straying of topic a bit but I'm still not sure why everyone falls in love with the gun. Give me a kid with just enough speed to keep hitters honest, a couple of different off-speed pitches and by far more important than velocity, can throw strikes!

Now back to the pedictions, any more?

I will predict the regional participants as;

Dixie (District Winner) & St. Henry (Runner-up)

Beechwood (DW) & Cov Cath

Ryle (DW) & Cooper

Highlands (DW) & New Cath

Completly un-related; It still seems odd to me that kids from Dixie go to grade school with kids from Scott but the schools are in different regions.

I saw a tweet that Braden Combs (Beechwood) received an offer from a high major DI this weekend? Does anyone know who it was that offered?

Brayden is a sophomore in high school, schools can't offer him until his junior year. He probably received a letter. Like Clyde said, first of many.

Brayden is a sophomore in high school, schools can't offer him until his junior year. He probably received a letter. Like Clyde said, first of many.

It was tweeted to me via Midlands twitter account. I know Ty Duvall from Braden's team as already committed to Vanderbilt and another teammate Dion Henderson has committed to Kentucky. How are they able to commit if not offered?

It was tweeted to me via Midlands twitter account. I know Ty Duvall from Braden's team as already committed to Vanderbilt and another teammate Dion Henderson has committed to Kentucky. How are they able to commit if not offered?

Guess I'm not on the update :lol2: wasn't like that when I was in high school

You can get offered at any age. You can verbal at any age. You just can't sign at any age.

Beechwood and Ryle would be my top 2 picks. They have a little distance from the pack IMO. Any of the Top Pitchers could knock them off though, if they are on their game.

Haj and Clyde.....I can tell you for sure that the velocity is where my buddy Jimmy said it was. It wasn't all the time but it's there. Bottom line is still having to pitch, so it doesn't matter until he steps on the field and proves all his pitches.

3G....I can tell you that I was at the same game and "I" was the one with the gun. Very good pitcher but he was topping 83mph with a nasty change.

I saw that someone mentioned Ramey. The Ramey kid is a legit hitter w/power.

I would take those predictions all day long. Get Cooper in its first regional with a new coach!!!

I beieve we are straying of topic a bit but I'm still not sure why everyone falls in love with the gun. Give me a kid with just enough speed to keep hitters honest, a couple of different off-speed pitches and by far more important than velocity, can throw strikes!

Now back to the pedictions, any more?

I will predict the regional participants as;

Dixie (District Winner) & St. Henry (Runner-up)

Beechwood (DW) & Cov Cath

Ryle (DW) & Cooper

Highlands (DW) & New Cath

Completly un-related; It still seems odd to me that kids from Dixie go to grade school with kids from Scott but the schools are in different regions.

Beechwood and Ryle would be my top 2 picks. They have a little distance from the pack IMO. Any of the Top Pitchers could knock them off though, if they are on their game.

Haj and Clyde.....I can tell you for sure that the velocity is where my buddy Jimmy said it was. It wasn't all the time but it's there. Bottom line is still having to pitch, so it doesn't matter until he steps on the field and proves all his pitches.

3G....I can tell you that I was at the same game and "I" was the one with the gun. Very good pitcher but he was topping 83mph with a nasty change.

I saw that someone mentioned Ramey. The Ramey kid is a legit hitter w/power.

Ramey was the top hitter on the 18u Bluegrass team as a 15yr old. That right there is pretty impressive..:thumb: