Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

350 degrees is the best temp to cook crow as a HHS fan said. Running clock, 4/5th grade girl basketball game would be more exciting. I tried to tell people. You don't know what you're dealing with. Lots and lots of crow

Game of the decade!!!!!!!!! 2nd string QB has to come in because the starting QB for Collins had his helmet knocked off and had to sit out a play, so backup qb comes in for final play on 4th and 7 and throws a TD pass to win with 7 secs left!!!!!

Will never forget that moment.

I thought Lawson's helmet was ripped off too. I knew they'd be arguing it as soon as it came off, but thought they'd rule it was ripped off, so he could stay in. Was really surprised they didn't do that. Oh well, all's well that ends well for Collins. I seriously would have hated to see them lose the game on that play if it'd have happened that way.

First thing a HHS fan told me last year was if Cooper played HHS last year they would of won state because HHS would of prepared them to win. I say if HHS would of played Cooper this year they woulld of been prepared to stop the pass and would of won state. Karma

What is really funny is to see all these other fans with no state championships talking smack. Pretty hilarious. And whatever fan told you that must have been correct because you didn't win state.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with a better state championship game than this one. IT had a little bit of everything. Great plays, great comebacks and great miracle finishes with story book endings for a backup QB who is called on to come in for the most important play of his and his teams career.

Congrats Collins, I said earlier in the season Collins is the team I thought that could knock HHS off the mountain top. HHS cost them big time with silly penalty for taunting toward the end of the game which could of cost them the game. Great poise by the underdogs in many eyes. Collins didn't get rattled and did what they needed to get done. Great game.