Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80 people picked Highlands to win! Enjoy your crow! I called this upset in August!!! Looks like I know what I am talking about!

I will say YOU WERE RIGHT! They played their tails off! Congrats to Collins! Very nice game! I'll have my crow now.

I remember being told it was impossible that Collins could play close with Highlands after being vocal about their games against Lexington Catholic and Warren Central being worrisome. No worries, Highlands said. 'Worrisome' isn't in Highlands' vocabulary another said. Looks like this "score watcher" know what he was talking about.

Hats off to both teams. This was up there with the Wayne County - Belfry game. The finish for this one was far more dramatic though.

Neither team has anything to be ashamed of. Houliston is a hell of a player, and Highlands had a nice system with a plethora of kids who knew their roles, especially the receivers who made big play after big play on offense.

Still a tie between Highlands and Trinity for most titles in Kentucky history. Also looks like there's a new contender on the block in 4A with Collins making two straight trips to the finals and knocking off Highlands this year.