Collins 37 Highlands 34 (2013 Class 4A State Championship)

afi100guy

Honestly, the better team won. Highlands has a Championship offense, but, an average, at best, defense. Collins had the better athletes, more team speed and more playmakers. Mueller made the comment that his RB was the best in the state, but, if that's the case, our state is really weak in RBs. The kid is hard nosed and plays hard and is a good, solid HS player, but, in no way shape or form is he even close to one of the best RBs. Not enough speed and no shiftiness and for the most part, went down on 1st contact. I was very impressed with the Highlands WR corp, though, as they had 5 or 6 guys who are game breakers and all of them have glue for hands.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is really funny is to see all these other fans with no state championships talking smack. Pretty hilarious. And whatever fan told you that must have been correct because you didn't win state.

I believe I am right, if you all would of played Cooper this year they would of prepared you to win statee. KArma sux sometimes doesn't it? And yes you were one of the arrogant HHS fans that said that to me last year.

What a game, if you didn't like that one you don't like football. Congrats to Collins, don't know if the torch was passed but they served notice they're going to be a force out of the west. HHS, thank you!!!! You never gave up and played like the champions you are.

Time to thaw out and hit double dogs before heading home. Hope guru's servers don't blow up before I get back.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with a better state championship game than this one. IT had a little bit of everything. Great plays, great comebacks and great miracle finishes with story book endings for a backup QB who is called on to come in for the most important play of his and his teams career.

Congrats Collins, I said earlier in the season Collins is the team I thought that could knock HHS off the mountain top. HHS cost them big time with silly penalty for taunting toward the end of the game which could of cost them the game. Great poise by the underdogs in many eyes. Collins didn't get rattled and did what they needed to get done. Great game.

You also said Highlands (along with BG) was a lock.

A greater storybook ending could never be written. Congratulations to both teams for their contributions to this story. Bigger congratulations to Collins for their improbable, unbelievable win!:clap::clap:Uh-oh...twistin' time again!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

I believe I am right, if you all would of played Cooper this year they would of prepared you to win statee. KArma sux sometimes doesn't it? And yes you were one of the arrogant HHS fans that said that to me last year.

Get them buddy!