Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Playoffs: Covington Catholic at Johnson Central predictions

Who wins? 63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

9-2 Colonels travel to "Johnson County" to take on the undefeated Golden Eagles.

 

Can the Colonels go on the road and get a win?

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson Central has had the Colonels number recently and I think it continues this year.

This will be hard fought but I see Johnson Central with the win.

.....

 

Word on Burchell? While his impact against teams that spread you out is minimized, this is a game where he would be a difference maker.

Johnson Central has had the Colonels number recently and I think it continues this year.

 

Not sure how far back you mean by recently, but last year CCH blew out JC at their place.

.....

 

Word on Burchell? While his impact against teams that spread you out is minimized, this is a game where he would be a difference maker.

 

He should be good to go. Just gave him some designed snaps to see how he feels. This will be a game they definitely need his presence.

Johnson Central has had the Colonels number recently and I think it continues this year.

 

It's 3-2 JC.

Did they share any common opponents this year? If so, what were the results?

 

In my opinion, it is hard to tell how good some teams are without looking at who each of the teams played.

 

From what I've gathered, JC runs the ball a ton. I think CCH plays the run very well, especially if Sam is playing.

 

Any chance CCH can take that away this Friday? If so, then things look good for the Colonels. I think that is what it comes down to.

 

I'll take the Colonels 28 - 20 in this one.

Did they share any common opponents this year? If so, what were the results?

 

In my opinion, it is hard to tell how good some teams are without looking at who each of the teams played.

 

 

From what I've gathered, JC runs the ball a ton. I think CCH plays the run very well, especially if Sam is playing.

 

Any chance CCH can take that away this Friday? If so, then things look good for the Colonels. I think that is what it comes down to.

 

I'll take the Colonels 28 - 20 in this one.

 

No common opponents. CCH has definitely played better competition. CCH's highest ranked opponents who they have beaten are Dixie (Litkenhouse rating of 113) and Henderson Co (Litkenhouse rating of 109). JC's highest ranked opponents who they have beaten are Harlan Co (106) and Belfry (103). CCH's rating is 115- JC is 119.

 

No big secrets to the game though. CCH has to put JC into 3rd and long situations. JC will try and do the same, although I feel better about CCH being in that situation. Line play will win this one.

One of the most interesting games this week and one I would love to see

I did find this after posting about common opponents....

 

Rowan County & Harrison County.

 

CCH won @ Harrison Co. 42-6 on Oct 18th.

CCH won at home vs. Rowan Co. 41-14 on Nov. 9th (playoffs)

 

JC won at home vs. Rowan Co. 59-10 on Oct. 18th.

JC won at home vs. Harrison Co. 77-13 on Nov. 8th (playoffs)

One of the most interesting games this week and one I would love to see

 

This.

A top 5 matchup. Cov Cath needs Burchell, Sam Dressman, Wagner etc. back to win this one. Burchell may be the most needed of all those because of his run stuffing ability at LB.

Johnson Central 29-27.

As much as I'd love to see a Cov Cath rematch with the Birds, I just think the blue Colonels are limping into the playoffs with too many injuries and uncertainties. JC will bull their way onto the next round.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.