Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Playoffs: Covington Catholic at Johnson Central predictions

Who wins? 63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

For one of the best games in the state this week, this thread is pretty quiet.

 

We've heard about JC's offense. What's the defense look like?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "gag order" is still in effect in Park Hills...:thumb:

"Loose lips sink ships" (even those captained by colonels)

C'mon JC fans let's hear about the defense. Can they stop a potent offense or will the game be a track meet. It's been stated that no one will stop your offense, so will the defense be able to get some stops?

I do not root for JC but I heard an opposing coach state that he was more impressed by their defense that the offense. I watched them play and while the backs are fast they are not different with their speed. The transfer from Sheldon Clark is fast and he looked different. Their back will run hard and run downhill every play and they will run hard even when they are not getting the football. Their strength on offense is in timing and execution. Defensivley #4 doesnt look big but he plays as big as #59 is at LB. Their secondary is above average athletically but may be inexperienced against the pass not so much in the vertical game but in more of the West Coast style. The were willing to play man on #9 from Ashland and Ashland didn't take any shots up top, not sure why, the Ashland kid is definitley faster. They are big up front and do a good job keeping lineman off the LB's. It will be interesting to see how they matchup against more of a true spread. I feel they will win this game because they will win the time of possession matchup. If Cov Cath can get JC in a couple of third a longs and get off the field then that changes. This is probably the best game going east of Lexington Friday night.

JC I think has its best balanced defence its ever had . They allways have had big strong linemen and aggressive LB's and do again this year but by far ahead this year in the secondary. Defence was what impressed me this year with these young men. Offence has never been a weakness at JC. I think our defence is as good as or better than our offence.

I would agree. However you will have a learning curve as it relates to the spread offense. It is just not the way the game is played in Eastern KY. The quicker you adjust the better your chances. If you beat Cov Cath then you have a good warm up for the next one.

I'm not a JC fan either, but they have a really good team this year, probably the best I have seen from them. Their defense gets overlooked, but is very good also, the good field position the defense gives them is part of the reason they score so much.

Very true, the outcome of this game will tell us all what's getting ready to go down. And you have to admit, watching two different styles clash is alot of fun. If we all wore the same color shirt all the time it would be boring. I believe thats why CC and HHS enjoy playing the Eagles. And we like playing against you boys. the funny thing I enjoy listening to all the old Pro's

I have not seen Cov Cath on film, in years past I was always impressed with the size and athleticism of some of their linemen. Not sure how they stack up this year but they have had a few in the past couple of years that were more agile than the JC linemen I saw this year. No knock on the JC kids at all they are solid for sure and will most likely hold their own. This one will be a dandy game I think. The Cantrell ratings has them about dead even I think.

I'd like to see CCH win but it's a longshot without Dressman even if Wagner is back. I look for a 3-4td spread for the Eagles.

I am rooting for the Colonels in this one and I think they come back with a narrow win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.