Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A Playoffs: Covington Catholic at Johnson Central predictions

Who wins? 63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Wow! That would be shocking. In fact, I'll be shocked if JC scores 4 TD's.

I agree....if CCH is pretty healthy on the D then no way JC wins by 3 to 4 tds...CCH D is solid against the run. This game will be down to the wire bet on it!

  • Replies 102
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to see covcath win. Always good to see the Birds play covcath.

No way JC scores more than 21 in this game. Hell it takes them 6-8 mins to score. Add in a couple of CovCath possessions and the team that wins the coin toss and scores first may win this game.

 

I would think that CovCath and JC matchup well in terms of size and speed so this could be a last possession football game with maybe a 58 yarder on the line for a trip to Ft Thomas...:thumb:

 

I am going with CovCath 17-14 over JC in Johnsonville...

 

 

TOG scoring summary sheet will be a short one imo. I would be surprised if CovCath has more then 5 possessions the whole game and one of them might come from a turnover.

No way JC scores more than 21 in this game. Hell it takes them 6-8 mins to score. Add in a couple of CovCath possessions and the team that wins the coin toss and scores first may win this game.

 

I would think that CovCath and JC matchup well in terms of size and speed so this could be a last possession football game with maybe a 58 yarder on the line for a trip to Ft Thomas...:thumb:

 

I am going with CovCath 17-14 over JC in Johnsonville...

 

 

TOG scoring summary sheet will be a short one imo. I would be surprised if CovCath has more then 5 possessions the whole game and one of them might come from a turnover.

 

Your score is a bit low.....

 

31-21 Johnson Central. You haven't been paying too much attention to JC this year have you. People have been saying that no one will stop JC's offense. And that's coming from people outside the program. CCH has their hands full and rightfully so this week. Game time next week in Ft Thomas is 7:30 not 7:00...

I liken JC to UC minus the speed in the backfield, but they have much better execution. They have the numbers unlike UC so they won't tire out.

Your score is a bit low.....

 

31-21 Johnson Central. You haven't been paying too much attention to JC this year have you. People have been saying that no one will stop JC's offense. And that's coming from people outside the program. CCH has their hands full and rightfully so this week. Game time next week in Ft Thomas is 7:30 not 7:00...

 

Here is my question, who is the best team JC has faced? Is it Belfry? Understanding that Cantrell isn't the be-all and end-all, but needing some form of comparison, Belfry isn't even in the Top 25 teams left playing. Hard to gauge much about JC from that, isn't it? CovCath has played Highlands and Moeller, two teams superior to JC, so that should be to CovCath's advantage (one would think).

 

Maybe JC's offense is just too powerful a juggernaut, that could well be the case, but I'm not sure what they've done against their schedule is an indication of that.

 

Still don't think JC scores 28 points on Friday night....not with a largely one-dimensional offense.

Here is my question, who is the best team JC has faced? Is it Belfry? Understanding that Cantrell isn't the be-all and end-all, but needing some form of comparison, Belfry isn't even in the Top 25 teams left playing. Hard to gauge much about JC from that, isn't it? CovCath has played Highlands and Moeller, two teams superior to JC, so that should be to CovCath's advantage (one would think).

 

Maybe JC's offense is just too powerful a juggernaut, that could well be the case, but I'm not sure what they've done against their schedule is an indication of that.

 

Still don't think JC scores 28 points on Friday night....not with a largely one-dimensional offense.

 

It looks like the best teams that Johnson Central has faced are Belfry and Harlan County with Johnson Central, obviously, beating both.

 

Harlan County (8-3) is averaging 35 points per game and is giving up 15 points per game. Johnson Central doubled their allowed points with 36 points and held them to half their average point totals at 14.

 

Belfry (10-1) is averaging 39 points per game and is giving up 20 points per game. Johnson Central almost doubled their allowed points with 54 and held them 28 points.

 

Johnson Central (11-0) is averaging 58 points per game and is giving up 13 points per game against a schedule that has a combined record of 49-59 excluding the school from Canada that I can't find a schedule for.

Edited by Ram

No way JC scores more than 21 in this game. Hell it takes them 6-8 mins to score. Add in a couple of CovCath possessions and the team that wins the coin toss and scores first may win this game.

 

I would think that CovCath and JC matchup well in terms of size and speed so this could be a last possession football game with maybe a 58 yarder on the line for a trip to Ft Thomas...:thumb:

 

I am going with CovCath 17-14 over JC in Johnsonville...

 

 

TOG scoring summary sheet will be a short one imo. I would be surprised if CovCath has more then 5 possessions the whole game and one of them might come from a turnover.

 

Obviously u have not been watching JC this year because many of there drives have been 3 or 4 plays. They have the ability to score quickly with this backfield not to mention their pass game is better than in past years. Not to say that they can't put together 8-10min drives just that's not what has been their bread and butter this season. I would be surprised if Cov Cath kept JC under 35

Here is my question, who is the best team JC has faced? Is it Belfry? Understanding that Cantrell isn't the be-all and end-all, but needing some form of comparison, Belfry isn't even in the Top 25 teams left playing. Hard to gauge much about JC from that, isn't it? CovCath has played Highlands and Moeller, two teams superior to JC, so that should be to CovCath's advantage (one would think).

 

Maybe JC's offense is just too powerful a juggernaut, that could well be the case, but I'm not sure what they've done against their schedule is an indication of that.

 

Still don't think JC scores 28 points on Friday night....not with a largely one-dimensional offense.

 

Personally I think Belfry is the best team that JC has faced all season but according to Cantrall as you would have it Harlan Co. Is the best team they have faced this year. JC had them down 36-0 with a running clock 2 min into the 2 nd quarter and cruised on out to the easy win. But as many others have stated, this game will go along way in showing just how good or average this team is. Personally I can't wait for tomorrow

Personally I think Belfry is the best team that JC has faced all season but according to Cantrall as you would have it Harlan Co. Is the best team they have faced this year. JC had them down 36-0 with a running clock 2 min into the 2 nd quarter and cruised on out to the easy win. But as many others have stated, this game will go along way in showing just how good or average this team is. Personally I can't wait for tomorrow

 

I'm not sure who, anywhere, has referenced JC as "average". I think they are certainly one of the top 10 or 12 teams in the state overall, and certainly one of the top 3 teams in the state within their class. My only point is the gaudy numbers have largely come against inferior competition, so to derive from that what they will or won't do against CovCath is a crap-shoot. We've seen CovCath beat Dixie and Conner and we've seen CovCath get molly-whopped by Highlands and Moeller.

 

There is no question JC is outstanding, and that won't change in my mind after Friday night win, lose, or...well just win or lose. :bunny:

It looks like the best teams that Johnson Central has faced are Belfry and Harlan County with Johnson Central, obviously, beating both.

 

Harlan County (8-3) is averaging 35 points per game and is giving up 15 points per game. Johnson Central doubled their allowed points with 36 points and held them to half their average point totals at 14.

 

Belfry (10-1) is averaging 39 points per game and is giving up 20 points per game. Johnson Central almost doubled their allowed points with 54 and held them 28 points.

 

Johnson Central (11-0) is averaging 58 points per game and is giving up 13 points per game against a schedule that has a combined record of 49-59 excluding the school from Canada that I can't find a schedule for.

So taking away there 3 weak district opponents Boyd Co, Greenup Co, and Rowan Co. accumulative record of 6-26 it brings there non district opponents record excluding Ashland to 43-33. Although not the toughest schedule in the state it's still respectable

It looks like the best teams that Johnson Central has faced are Belfry and Harlan County with Johnson Central' date=' obviously, beating both. Harlan County (8-3) is averaging 35 points per game and is giving up 15 points per game. Johnson Central doubled their allowed points with 36 points and held them to half their average point totals at 14. Belfry (10-1) is averaging 39 points per game and is giving up 20 points per game. Johnson Central almost doubled their allowed points with 54 and held them 28 points. Johnson Central (11-0) is averaging 58 points per game and is giving up 13 points per game against a schedule that has a combined record of 49-59 excluding the school from Canada that I can't find a schedule for.[/quote']

 

Very interesting summary. Basically says we don't know how good they are because they haven't played anyone. Sounds a lot like Simon Kenton.

Not many JC fans post on BGP. The feel I get from a lot of locals is a great deal of respect for Cov Cath and expectations of a battle. I would agree many feel they don't know how good we are because of the schedule. One thing is for sure whoever wins this one will take highlands down next week 31-28.

Did Johnson Central only play 9 regular season games? Please list the opponents and the number of wins of each. There is no way you can exclude Ashland and your opponents have 43 wins. If so I guess your remaining opponents which would be 9 would average less than 5 wins. Someone help me with this: Team from Indiana - 0 wins, Team from Canada - 0 wins, Boyd - 1 win, Greenup - 2 wins, Rowan - 3 wins, Belfrey - 10 wins, Harlan - ?, Harrison - ?, Ashland - 8 wins, these are probably wrong. I am anxious to see.

Not many JC fans post on BGP. The feel I get from a lot of locals is a great deal of respect for Cov Cath and expectations of a battle. I would agree many feel they don't know how good we are because of the schedule. One thing is for sure whoever wins this one will take highlands down next week 31-28.

 

I was agreeing right along with you on this post till I got to that last line. Who knows how good JC is with the schedule they played? But I do know this. Belfry is really, really good this year and JC beat them by 26. That score alone tells me JC is going to be very hard to beat.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.