Alison Grimes=Big Money Hollywood Liberal

All Tell

If McConnell wins R nomination he will be reelected. A few ads reminding Kentucky what party she belongs to and a state that voted against Obama by a large margin will not elect someone who can vote with his policies. I heard the same thing when Paul was going for office. I will believe a democrat is going to win a National office from Kentucky when it happens again.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campaign funding is the ruin of our society. There will be millions and millions, hell maybe hundreds of millions of dollars from outside of KY spent by special interest groups to get their candidate elected. To say that one group is worse than the other is dishonest, as both candidates are doing the same. The real losers here are the people of KY who will listen for over a year to deceptive adds, outrages misrepresentations, stretches of the truth, and outright lies. All the while allowing yet another of our precious seats of representation to be bought right out from under our noses. When will we learn?

Campaign funding is the ruin of our society. There will be millions and millions, hell maybe hundreds of millions of dollars from outside of KY spent by special interest groups to get their candidate elected. To say that one group is worse than the other is dishonest, as both candidates are doing the same. The real losers here are the people of KY who will listen for over a year to deceptive adds, outrages misrepresentations, stretches of the truth, and outright lies. All the while allowing yet another of our precious seats of representation to be bought right out from under our noses. When will we learn?

Gotta agree here. Grimes and McConnell won't be that much different in that the majority of their funding comes from outside Kentucky. Thing is, it's how the game has always been played, and McConnell is the king of it. He loves his San Francisco and NYC fundraisers.

Yep.

It's a United States Senate race... is there anyone running anywhere in the country that isn't "big money"?

Nope.

As has been pointed out, Mitch knows how to raise cash and the democrats badly would like to knock him off so Grimes will get donations hand over fist.

Gotta agree here. Grimes and McConnell won't be that much different in that the majority of their funding comes from outside Kentucky. Thing is, it's how the game has always been played, and McConnell is the king of it. He loves his San Francisco and NYC fundraisers.

I guess that is why McConnell has a challenger in the primary. With those liberal, coast city fundraisers, Mitch is surely a big money liberal.

This will be a tough one for me. As a conservative and someone who is against the "career politician", it makes my skin crawl that MM has been in political office for 30 years. I think that's a huge part of the problem with government in general. I would like to see him gone and some "new blood" in office, someone not so beholden to certain organizations or people and not so ingrained in the "political culture". With that I would like to vote for Matt Bevin. But, if doing that helps ensure that a Lib Dem is elected is his place...well I don't want to take that route either. Decisions decisions.