Alison Grimes=Big Money Hollywood Liberal

All Tell

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will aid Mrs. Grimes is the fact that (a) she's a fresh face and (b) she doesn't have a congressional voting record, so Mitch can't run ads saying she voted against this and that. Of course, every Mitch attack ad against her will mention "Obama" six or seven times. Speaking of Big Bill Clinton, it will be interesting to see how many times he campaigns for Mrs. Grimes in the Bluegrass State. He's a living legend.

It's funny how people repaint history. Bill Clinton got 45.8% of the vote in KY in 1996. He beat Bob Dole, that is Bob Dole by .9% in the state and 8.7% went to Perot. Clinton wasn't even liked by a majority of this state before it turned even more to the right. I bet Mitch is hoping the Clintons come campainging it will make it even easier to tie her to the Obama Admin.

It's funny how people repaint history. Bill Clinton got 45.8% of the vote in KY in 1996. He beat Bob Dole, that is Bob Dole by .9% in the state and 8.7% went to Perot. Clinton wasn't even liked by a majority of this state before it turned even more to the right. I bet Mitch is hoping the Clintons come campainging it will make it even easier to tie her to the Obama Admin.

Fact: Bill Clinton is the most popular politician in America today. The gap between Big Bill and whoever is No. 2 is like Secretariat's winning margin at the Belmont.

Hillary is a different story.

Don't forget. Mitch can always bring in George W. Bush or Dick Cheney to pump up the base.

Having said that, I do agree with you that Mrs. Grimes remains a decided underdog in this contest. If the election were held today, I suspect Mrs. Grimes would do only slightly better than Lunsford did in '08. He got 840,000 votes to Mitch's 945,000.

Fact: Bill Clinton is the most popular politician in America today. The gap between Big Bill and whoever is No. 2 is like Secretariat's winning margin at the Belmont.

Don't forget. Mitch can always bring in George W. Bush or Dick Cheney to pump up the base.

Having said that, I do agree with you that Mrs. Grimes remains a decided underdog in this contest. If the election were held today, I suspect Mrs. Grimes would do only slightly better than Lunsford did in '08. He got 840,000 votes to Mitch's 945,000.

If you look at the Nation as a whole you are correct. Because in states like NY and Cali he is the most popular by huge margins. If you look at polls on a state by state basis this isn't the case. He isn't popular in KY. Bill is the most popular living president I concede that. But between Carter and W his only real competition is the man he beat in 1992.

But if we are talking presidents in general according to which poll you look at Reagan is the more popular president.

Again if Grimes campaign thinks attaching themselves to Clinton will win I welcome the strategy.

I believe there is a poll completed recently that actually showed Grimes with a lead. It was a Democrat pollster, but it is a scientific poll.

Poll: Grimes Edging McConnell in Kentucky | RealClearPolitics

I believe there is a poll completed recently that actually showed Grimes with a lead. It was a Democrat pollster, but it is a scientific poll.

Poll: Grimes Edging McConnell in Kentucky | RealClearPolitics

I was aware of the poll. My "if the election were held today..." comment was simply speculation on my part. I don't think polls this early tell us much. In addition, turnout is always a larger problem for Democrats than for Republicans in off years ... and that's where Bill Clinton certainly can help. Link below is to a recent interesting story about the Clintons' involvement in the KY Senate race.

Bill Clinton's presence in Virginia race previews role in Kentucky Senate fight - McClatchy DC News - The Sacramento Bee

I was aware of the poll. My "if the election were held today..." comment was simply speculation on my part. I don't think polls this early tell us much. In addition, turnout is always a larger problem for Democrats than for Republicans in off years ... and that's where Bill Clinton certainly can help. Link below is to a recent interesting story about the Clintons' involvement in the KY Senate race.

Bill Clinton's presence in Virginia race previews role in Kentucky Senate fight - McClatchy DC News - The Sacramento Bee

Kentucky isn't the same as Virginia . Clinton could help in Lousiville I guess. But the rest of state bringing in a National democrat by your side will not benefit.

If you look at the Nation as a whole you are correct. Because in states like NY and Cali he is the most popular by huge margins. If you look at polls on a state by state basis this isn't the case. He isn't popular in KY. Bill is the most popular living president I concede that. But between Carter and W his only real competition is the man he beat in 1992.

But if we are talking presidents in general according to which poll you look at Reagan is the more popular president.

Again if Grimes campaign thinks attaching themselves to Clinton will win I welcome the strategy.

Reagan's dead. Clinton's a political rock star.

One of the main problems for the GOP nationally today is that the party keeps harking back to the glorious days of Ronald Reagan, which really weren't that glorious. Maybe that's why the party fares so poorly among the under-30 crowd. Time for the GOP to hang its hat on someone living ... someone exciting ... someone with charisma and a true vision for leading this great country forward.

Let me know when that person appears on the horizon.

Reagan's dead. Clinton's a political rock star.

One of the main problems for the GOP nationally today is that the party keeps harking back to the glorious days of Ronald Reagan, which really weren't that glorious. Maybe that's why the party fares so poorly among the under-30 crowd. Time for the GOP to hang its hat on someone living ... someone exciting ... someone with charisma and a true vision for leading this great country forward.

Let me know when that person appears on the horizon.

Not in KY and that's all that matters in this race. I think the Republican's would welcome any national democrat, including Clinton, to come into KY and raise money for Grimes. My guess is they already have their mailers printed up and ready to go.

Pretty much speaks volumes about our country that a guy who was so entirely classless as to abuse his position of power and fall prey to a near teenager as the leader of the free world and has sex in the White House with her is described as a " rock star" in our current society . I think he's a ruthless Piece of Crap . In todays world people who should be shamed out of the public eye are held up as " stars" .

Would be pretty funny if a giant fake Lewinsky showed up at every Slick Willie appearance in Ky .

Ha ha. I like that. I'm sure that Mitch's "dirty tricks" boys are already looking at the possibilities. I wonder if George Clooney also will make campaign appearances with Clinton on behalf of Mrs. Grimes? Talk about star power!

Edited by Twotoplace

Ha ha. i like that. I'm sure that Mitch's "dirty tricks" boys are already looking at the possibilities. I wonder if George Clooney also will make campaign appearances with Clinton on behalf of Mrs. Grimes? Talk about star power!

Grimes is already getting pinned and a Hollywood Liberal favorite who would be out of touch with KY values. If I were her, I would want the Hollywood libs to stay as far away as possible.