Frosh Championship Game - Ryle v. Cov Cath (Friday 11-1 7pm)

BigDP

Seems to be some confusion about if this game is taking place or not......

It seems as though the CCH team is planning on playing for the Championship (practicing today).

In other threads, there have been posts that the Ryle Frosh have been told to clean out their lockers, their season is over.

OLD RAIDER seems to be in the know from the Ryle side of the house. What say you? Do you (or others) have any information about the game next week?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Old raider is the Head Coach of the Ryle Freshman team, he will tell you that several Freshman football players will be moving to the varsity today. Almost all starters will be moving to the JV team for Saturdays game and will continue to practice for the playoffs. We also have several moving to Basketball and Wrestling. We are very proud of our players effort this season. We felt that they had nothing more to prove. They have defeated every team on their schedule. On a side note: Here at Ryle we have a very strong academic policy, students must maintain a 78% average in classes on a week to week basis to be eligible. As one would guess that is much higher than the state requirements. we only mention that to emphasize that the kids have a lot of school work to do in addition to their pursuits athletically. We hope this clears any confusion.

Since Old raider is the Head Coach of the Ryle Freshman team, he will tell you that several Freshman football players will be moving to the varsity today. Almost all starters will be moving to the JV team for Saturdays game and will continue to practice for the playoffs. We also have several moving to Basketball and Wrestling. We are very proud of our players effort this season. We felt that they had nothing more to prove. They have defeated every team on their schedule. On a side note: Here at Ryle we have a very strong academic policy, students must maintain a 78% average in classes on a week to week basis to be eligible. As one would guess that is much higher than the state requirements. we only mention that to emphasize that the kids have a lot of school work to do in addition to their pursuits athletically. We hope this clears any confusion.

So this is a statement that you, as head coach, have decided that Ryle will not play the game and that decision is final and supported by Warner?

^There's your answer folks.

Since Dixies freshmen are moving up as well, to JV, it appears they'll be the beneficiaries of facing Ryle a second time. Maybe Dixie can invite a full dressed blue colonel freshmen squad to attend this Saturdays JV game between Dixie and Ryle and they can play a 5th quarter :sssh:.

What was that you were saying about my source/rumor?

Not sure what thread that was in, but as I recall (and maybe I'm wrong here) but it seemed to me you implied your source was on the Cov Cath side. On the Cov Cath side we have been under the impression the Championship game would happen as scheduled. Since your source is on the Ryle side and the Ryle side has never said anything directly to the Cov Cath side contrary to what has always been scheduled, I guess it is what it is.

Not sure what thread that was in, but as I recall (and maybe I'm wrong here) but it seemed to me you implied your source was on the Cov Cath side. On the Cov Cath side we have been under the impression the Championship game would happen as scheduled. Since your source is on the Ryle side and the Ryle side has never said anything directly to the Cov Cath side contrary to what has always been scheduled, I guess it is what it is.

Doesn't really matter but my source is from CCH. No biggie. It's a shame CCH doesn't get another shot at Ryle. I think it would be a good rematch.

This makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!

Was this agreed upon with the CCH coaching staff prior to the game that the regular season game was a winner take all? I can't believe you can just say 'we don't want to play anymore'. I guess, had CCH won the regular season game you would have taken the same stance? So much for CCH not wanting to show 'to much' of their playbook against Ryle in preparation for the Championship Game.

To bad the Patriots didn't use this philosophy in 2007, they could have told everyone they had an undefeated season and defeated the Giants in the regular season, therefore, we are refusing to play in the Super Bowl, 'we have nothing more to prove'.

No forfeit required. Ryle beat them pretty easily the first time. IMO, there's nothing else to prove. Like I said last week, it's Ryle's choice. If Cov would've won, they probably would've chosen to do the same thing.

I am 100% confident you are wrong with this statement.

The Championship Game has always been on the CCH schedule and soemthing that the boys have been pointing to all year.

Oh the karma that is going on in this thread. As they say, what goes around, comes around. Interesting to hear the CCH people talk about the Ryle folks deciding they do not want to play and yet virtually no one from the CCH side speaks up regarding the multiple JV cancellations with HHS. Sounds like there is a major disconnect somewhere in all of this, but I am not privy as to where it might be.

I am confused. Is the championship game optional for the 2 top teams in the league each year?

Last year the championship game had to be played because Beechwood and Ryle didn't play in the regular season. This year, that was not the case. Ryle won CONVINCINGLY just 2 weeks ago. Why should they play again?

Oh the karma that is going on in this thread. As they say, what goes around, comes around. Interesting to hear the CCH people talk about the Ryle folks deciding they do not want to play and yet virtually no one from the CCH side speaks up regarding the multiple JV cancellations with HHS. Sounds like there is a major disconnect somewhere in all of this, but I am not privy as to where it might be.

Dude- your just wrong. A lot of CCH supporters (incl myself) wrote on that ridiculous 13 page thread that they didn't like the decision on the JV stuff, but also didn't have any direct knowledge as to why. It was the 5 to 6 regular HHS posters who droned on and on about it. Just because a thread turns into 13 pages without the answer your looking for doesn't mean nothing was said from the CCH side.