Frosh Championship Game - Ryle v. Cov Cath (Friday 11-1 7pm)

BigDP

So to apply this logic to the Varsity side, no playoff games are needed if the teams played each other during the regular season .........the winner then advances.......

I'm guessing that at least ONCE.....a team that won in the regular season was beaten in the playoffs........

No because Varsity Playoffs are a State association event, Freshman Championships are not.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a parent of one of the players. I also originally heard it might be postponed until Friday if there was bad weather.

Weather for Union

5 PM

T-Storms

62°

T-Storms

FEELS LIKE:62° HUMIDITY:87% PRECIP:65% WIND:SSE at 19 mph

Show 15 Minute Details

6 PM

Scattered T-Storms / Wind

62°

7 PM

Scattered T-Storms / Wind

61°

FEELS LIKE:61° HUMIDITY:94% PRECIP:35% WIND:S at 23 mph

Show 15 Minute Details

Doubt it - it was always scheduled for Wed, but Ryle initially did not want to play- I heard CCH proposed Friday then finally agreed to play tonight per Ryle.

You have to remember that Ryle is hosting the Ninth Region Volleyball Tourney and with four team (NCC Vs. Ryle and NDA Vs. St. Henry) parking would have been next to impossible to find (Wednesday night) even with Ryle huge parking lot if the Frosh Football Championship were to be played the same night!

Moving the game due to weather? Really??? What's next, the QB has the sniffles, let's move it to next week? :ohbrother:

Really? So I guess your not a Principal, AD, or Coach who is responsible for the safety of children in your charge? Congratulations to both Schools on being much, much smarter and caring for the safety of those they are in charge of than some^^^^. :idunno:

From the National Weather Service:

..WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM EDT FRIDAY... * WINDS...SOUTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. * TIMING...THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL OCCUR BETWEEN NOW AND THE EARLY MORNING HOURS OF FRIDAY. * IMPACTS...SCATTERED TREE AND POWER LINE DAMAGE IS POSSIBLE ALONG WITH SOME MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE IN THE HIGHEST GUSTS. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS ARE FORECAST TO BE 31 TO 39 MPH OR GUSTS WILL RANGE BETWEEN 46 AND 57 MPH. WINDS OF THESE MAGNITUDES MAY CAUSE MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE WITHOUT EXTRA PRECAUTIONS. MOTORISTS IN HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES SHOULD USE CAUTION UNTIL THE WINDS SUBSIDE.

Cov should be happy that it was changed. IMO, the only chance they have of beating Ryle is throwing the football and that wasn't going to happen in 30-50 mph winds. I still think Ryle wins this game by at least 3 scores.

I guess we'll see