Alfred Hitchcock

bugatti

Recently I watched The Girl and and Hitchcock.

The Girl is an HBO film about Alfred Hitchcock and his obsession, jealousy, and abusive nature towards Tippi Hedren during the shooting of the movie The Birds.

Hitchcock is more about his relationship with his wife Alma Reville and the controversies surrounding the making of Psycho.

Anyone else see these films or Alfred Hitchcock fans? I have been reading up on him and he seems to be an interesting character.

I have always been interested in Hitchcock and as a kid watched a few episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and have seen the following Hitchcock movies: North by Northwest, Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, and Psycho.

Always enjoy watching Hitchcock...although I'm sure that I'm in a very, very, very small minority in the sense that Psycho is not one of my favorites of his. I like Rear Window and To Catch a Thief much more. But, that may be, in part, to the fact that Grace Kelly is in both of them! :D

Always enjoy watching Hitchcock...although I'm sure that I'm in a very, very, very small minority in the sense that Psycho is not one of my favorites of his. I like Rear Window and To Catch a Thief much more. But, that may be, in part, to the fact that Grace Kelly is in both of them! :D

I was not a fan of Psycho, but that is not a film that translates in to modern time. It was a a movie way ahead of its time, but behind its time not long after it was released.

Hitchcock is magnificent. They did a two-month series of Hitchcock films over the summer at the Palace Theater in Louisville. I caught two of them: Rope and Rear Window. Both are great.

I've seen a lot of them and he didn't make many bad ones.

Back in college, I took a summer class that was devoted solely to Hitchcock. Got exposed to some of his other works, such as Rope, and Strangers on a Train. Also watched Birds, Vertigo, Marnie and Dial M for Murder (along with the others already mentioned here). Needless to say, it was a very enjoyable class! How many others can you go to where you sit and watch a movie, and get credit for it?

Back in college, I took a summer class that was devoted solely to Hitchcock. Got exposed to some of his other works, such as Rope, and Strangers on a Train. Also watched Birds, Vertigo, Marnie and Dial M for Murder (along with the others already mentioned here). Needless to say, it was a very enjoyable class! How many others can you go to where you sit and watch a movie, and get credit for it?
From what I gather the dude was super talented and way ahead of his time. Evident by an entire class devoted to his work.

I thought The Girl was better than Hitchcock but both are solid. Needless to say Hitch was a weird dude.

I've never seen either movie but the stories about him are crazy.

The story that he basically attacked Janet Leigh in order to get that shot at the beginning of Psycho is INSANE.

Sounds fun!

Needless to say Hitch was a weird dude.

That's what I've always understood. I might watch Hitchcock tonight.

I've never seen either movie but the stories about him are crazy.

The story that he basically attacked Janet Leigh in order to get that shot at the beginning of Psycho is INSANE.

Sheesh. Never heard that one. :lol2:

Sounds fun!

Yes it was. The ONLY that stunk about the class, was that most of the time the teacher wanted us to read the book the movie was based on. Now, I like to read, don't get me wrong. But, in the middle of the summer, to sit down each and every night and HAVE to pound out a book in one sitting, time after time... Well, let's just say I enjoyed the classroom work more than the homework.

Yes it was. The ONLY that stunk about the class, was that most of the time the teacher wanted us to read the book the movie was based on. Now, I like to read, don't get me wrong. But, in the middle of the summer, to sit down each and every night and HAVE to pound out a book in one sitting, time after time... Well, let's just say I enjoyed the classroom work more than the homework.

I wouldn't mind that if there was more time given to read the book. I always like to see how a novel translates to the big screen, but having to do that as you described would be difficult.

Recently I watched The Girl and and Hitchcock.

The Girl is an HBO film about Alfred Hitchcock and his obsession, jealousy, and abusive nature towards Tippi Hedren during the shooting of the movie The Birds.

Hitchcock is more about his relationship with his wife Alma Reville and the controversies surrounding the making of Psycho.

Anyone else see these films or Alfred Hitchcock fans? I have been reading up on him and he seems to be an interesting character.

I watched it and loved it, thought it was very well done. I've always been a Hitchcock fan for different reasons. 1. I always loved his movies, don't know if many know this, but The Birds was actuually filmed in 3D but wasn't released that way. and 2. Alfred Hitchcock discovered my mom's cousin and put her in the movie The Birds which helped jump start her acting career. She would go onn to be on the Danny Thomas show, Bonanza and my Favorite Martian and was a very popular child actress back in the day.