Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville rumor???

Featured Replies

Here's the question I ask... Who is UL's Jerry Tipton?

  • Replies 196
  • Views 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There isn't one... So they'll just keep saying it's "laughable" to say their isn't, whether it's true or not. Kinda like Jones. Ironic.

 

Or UK fans don't let kid brothers media people get to them like the Cards fans let Jones affect them

:lol2: You're clearly a Jones fan. That's fine. Crawford responded more than once when Jones mentioned Jurich. Crawford's angle was that Jones was crying for other people to report info that he reportedly knew about, but that he wouldn't report it himself. Why wouldn't Jones want to be the one that breaks such a "huge" story about UL? Probably because there was nothing for him to break, so instead he tried to lead his gullable followers into yet another "CJ is afraid of Jurich" debacle. Jones is a joke, and he proves it time and time again.

UL fans can hate Jones and despise Jones . But he is one of the most successful if not the most successful media person in the state. To deny Louisville sports media kids gloves to UL is hilarious. I grew up in NKY, I bet Mike Brown wish he had the media in his pocket like Jurich.

I take Matt Jones for what he is. And it's that he is a blogger. Nothing more nothing less. I don't try to get me information from him, but I do enjoy reading his site because he's not afraid to ruffle feathers and its usually pretty entertaining posts. My personal favorite UK media guy is Kyle Tucker. He is the best at being unbiased IMO.

UL fans can hate Jones and despise Jones . But he is one of the most successful if not the most successful media person in the state. To deny Louisville sports media kids gloves to UL is hilarious. I grew up in NKY, I bet Mike Brown wish he had the media in his pocket like Jurich.

 

What is your definition of successful?

 

And if Louisville media supposedly hid this story, why didn't Lexington media pick it up? Regional media? National media? Does Jurich have all of them in his pocket as well?

Or UK fans don't let kid brothers media people get to them like the Cards fans let Jones affect them

 

:lol2: Whatever you say chief. If there were a Louisville version of Matt Jones, he'd have to have personal security. :lol:

Hasn't Jones himself commented on how the Lexington media shielded Billy Clyde?

 

Aren't Lexington media personalities bashing him on twitter tonight? I guess Don Tom has his thumb on them, too.

 

In what way is Jones so successful? He has a website and a radio show. So does Mike Rutherford, Howie Lindsey and Jody Demling. Rutherford is the national editor for college basketball for Sbnation, whereas Jones can't behave himself when he gets a chance to move up. He's certainly no Pat Forde, so no matter how you want to define "one of" the most successful, he can't take top billing. Honestly, even past his prime Bozich still has a national profile far above Jones, and I personally don't think that much of Dr. Bo. And guess what? That's just sports. Ever heard of Terry Miners? Bigger, more successful than Jones will ever be, because to quote Kevin Smith, Matt Jones is clown shoes. Even Miners gets taken more seriously than Jones outside of his niche market, and Miners spends his afternoons doing poop jokes.

I've listened to the first hour of today's show & there was very little information provided that I didn't already know. The only thing Matt did today that he'd yet to do on his show was provide the name of the UL player involved. He told the story about how he first heard about it while golfing on Friday. Said he received a text/email of some sort & that he disregarded it at first. Then over the course of his golf game, he received a handful of other texts/emails saying the same thing.

 

At this point, he decides to look into this. He talks around to some local people, who verify that they've heard Ware had been dismissed from the team. He also said a couple of national guys confirmed hearing the same thing. Jones said he was 95% sure what had been rumored happened--that Kevin Ware was suspended from the team. Drew Franklin added that Friday was UK football media day & that basically all the media in attendance--some Lexington-based & others Louisville-based--had heard the same thing concerning Ware. Jones did say that he heard from a few people that another player was involved, but he didn't feel as confident that this was the truth.

 

Regardless, the rumors began on the UL side of things; not with Matt Jones. The post I made earlier in this thread (the one where I mention Ware's name for the first time) I got from a UL message board, which had been linked from a Syracuse message board. So far as I know, Matt Jones hasn't mentioned the name Kevin Ware until this morning's first hour.

 

Whether Matt's assertions about the UL media are true or not, I don't know. I have no doubt those people have bias, but I can't imagine it's to the extreme as he believes it is.

 

I don't know whether Kevin Ware was suspended either. What I do know is that he was suspended just this past season, prior to UL's title run. So it's not like this would be some jaw-dropping moment if it were true. The kid has been a problem in the recent past.

 

You can love him or hate him...I don't care. But to say he isn't successful? Come on.

I read the other day that KSR is the most successful independent sports website or something like that, has over 200,000 hits a day. It was on the podcast last week.

I read the other day that KSR is the most successful independent sports website or something like that' date=' has over 200,000 hits a day. It was on the podcast last week.[/quote']

 

I believe it, UK fans are nuts. I rarely ever get on there unless I've ran out of things to read at work on BGP, ESPN, Yahoo, Fox and CNN. Yes I'm very productive at work.

Hasn't Jones himself commented on how the Lexington media shielded Billy Clyde?

 

Aren't Lexington media personalities bashing him on twitter tonight? I guess Don Tom has his thumb on them, too.

 

In what way is Jones so successful? He has a website and a radio show. So does Mike Rutherford, Howie Lindsey and Jody Demling. Rutherford is the national editor for college basketball for Sbnation, whereas Jones can't behave himself when he gets a chance to move up. He's certainly no Pat Forde, so no matter how you want to define "one of" the most successful, he can't take top billing. Honestly, even past his prime Bozich still has a national profile far above Jones, and I personally don't think that much of Dr. Bo. And guess what? That's just sports. Ever heard of Terry Miners? Bigger, more successful than Jones will ever be, because to quote Kevin Smith, Matt Jones is clown shoes. Even Miners gets taken more seriously than Jones outside of his niche market, and Miners spends his afternoons doing poop jokes.

 

That's cute. Let's act like he doesn't have a radio show in 23 markets in the state and he is #1 in his time slot in most if not all.

 

#1 in Louisville. Yes he is one of the top media members in the state . Makes your blood boil doesn't it .

For the record I define success by having the biggest radio show and website in the state. Matt has both. Card fans can scream bloody murder but it is what it is .

Or tried to call out Jones and Jones pointed out Crawford's conflict of interest and suddenly Crawford wasn't replying on Twitter. Quite comical. I don't know why CJ guys get mad when the truth is pointed out. Jurich controls Louisville media . I wish Barnhart had the same control.

 

Calipari has that control.

KSR has become a monster.

 

What Jones needs to do is stick with that. He went off to CBS & failed. He actually admitted this on the show after it happened, which surprised me. KSTV was his baby for a year, but the few times I watched it, I didn't like it.

 

Blogging & radio, both focused on UK stuff, that's what he needs to stick to IMO.

 

I think he's way too aggressive in going after media members (Pete Thamel being an exception...Bobby Knight too, but I think everyone realizes he's an idiot). Media people focus a lot on UK because UK means attention, for both good & bad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.