August 13, 201313 yr No, Boz isn't there either. Tim Sullivan is at the CJ Being in Michigan the last two years I guess has thrown me off. Either way I think its fair to say LH is much more critical of UK than CJ is of Louisville.
August 13, 201313 yr I honestly can't think of anyone who is the Matt Jones of UL. Not being defensive....I just can't think of anyone at all who is to UL fans what Matt Jones is to UK fans. I agree there aren't any Louisville media members as successful as Jones .:jump:
August 13, 201313 yr I've found that the more and more I try to kind of root for Louisville because of family, I hate Louisville as much as you can hate a sports team. Matt Jones makes me want to like them. The guy is unbearable. It's never about the story, it's always about how he can create the story with him in the middle of it. Used to love KSR back in college and I still frequent it for easy news info, but Matt Jones just seems like an obviously awful person. Louisville radio guys are annoying and biased hacks, but Matt Jones is that with addition to being an arrogant donkey's rear-end.
August 13, 201313 yr I agree there aren't any Louisville media members as successful as Jones .:jump: Yeah....not many of any fanbase nearly as "inciteful" ad he.
August 13, 201313 yr Also, the idea of a Tom Jurich controlled media conspiracy is hilarious considering that WHAS is a UK station and it has the biggest sports radio show in the state. If you think Lach would sit on ANYTHING for UofL you have no idea what you're talking about...or, in the case of Jones, are being deliberately misleading to your readers and listeners to throw red meat to the base and pay the bills.
August 14, 201313 yr Being in Michigan the last two years I guess has thrown me off. Either way I think its fair to say LH is much more critical of UK than CJ is of Louisville. I would say that's fair. I would also say that the LH is much more critical of UofL than the CJ is of Kentucky.
August 14, 201313 yr Author I rarely see an article in the Lexington paper about the Cards, unless they are playing the Cats or are in a huge game. Can't recall an article where HL was critical of the Cards, they almost act like they don't exist instead of ripping on them.
August 14, 201313 yr There have been a lot of shots from LH writers at Pitino and Strong, especially on social media.
August 14, 201313 yr Author Also, the idea of a Tom Jurich controlled media conspiracy is hilarious considering that WHAS is a UK station and it has the biggest sports radio show in the state. If you think Lach would sit on ANYTHING for UofL you have no idea what you're talking about...or, in the case of Jones, are being deliberately misleading to your readers and listeners to throw red meat to the base and pay the bills.Wasn't determined that this story was started by UL fans last week and it took Jones until Tuesday to name names. I read what the rumor was on here and other internet sites a day before KSR said what the rumor was.
August 14, 201313 yr Author There have been a lot of shots from LH writers at Pitino and Strong, especially on social media. I don't read any of those guys Facebook post, just talking about what's in the paper. Pitino did get some coverage and rightly so during his affair/blackmail case. Haven't seen anything against Strong in the paper, but I also don't read it everyday. Again it seems more like UL is ignored more than they are reported on by the HL.
August 14, 201313 yr Wasn't determined that this story was started by UL fans last week and it took Jones until Tuesday to name names. I read what the rumor was on here and other internet sites a day before KSR said what the rumor was. I was referring to the indefensibly lame media conspiracy bit that Jones likes to trot out.
August 14, 201313 yr Or tried to call out Jones and Jones pointed out Crawford's conflict of interest and suddenly Crawford wasn't replying on Twitter. Quite comical. I don't know why CJ guys get mad when the truth is pointed out. Jurich controls Louisville media . I wish Barnhart had the same control. :lol2: You're clearly a Jones fan. That's fine. Crawford responded more than once when Jones mentioned Jurich. Crawford's angle was that Jones was crying for other people to report info that he reportedly knew about, but that he wouldn't report it himself. Why wouldn't Jones want to be the one that breaks such a "huge" story about UL? Probably because there was nothing for him to break, so instead he tried to lead his gullable followers into yet another "CJ is afraid of Jurich" debacle. Jones is a joke, and he proves it time and time again.
August 14, 201313 yr Name his Louisville counterpart. It isn't Rutherford. There isn't one... So they'll just keep saying it's "laughable" to say their isn't, whether it's true or not. Kinda like Jones. Ironic.
August 14, 201313 yr I agree there aren't any Louisville media members as successful as Jones .:jump: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.