August 14, 201313 yr The funny part is you don't see the similarities between you two. We work in the same field. That's about it. I have made it in this business dealing with facts and educated opinions while he lives on rumors and innuendo. Look no farther than the topic at hand...
August 14, 201313 yr We work in the same field. That's about it. I have made it in this business dealing with facts and educated opinions while he lives on rumors and innuendo. Look no farther than the topic at hand... You both made careers reporting on programs you are fans of. He just happens to be more successful . Again that may of been somewhat true in the early days . But KSR has a pretty large staff now and do pretty wonderful pieces. We can't keep holding onto the days of the Maggard/ Jones fued and act like its still a reality. You don't like him its been pretty clear for a decade on this site just comes off bitter.
August 14, 201313 yr Again Jones annoys me sometimes only reason I stepped in was because cards fan called him irrelevant and didn't find it ironic with how they react to him . I do like Drew Franklin on that site his writings are pretty creative. Which Cards fan said Jones was irrelevant?
August 14, 201313 yr You both made careers reporting on programs you are fans of. He just happens to be more successful . Again that may of been somewhat true in the early days . But KSR has a pretty large staff now and do pretty wonderful pieces. We can't keep holding onto the days of the Maggard/ Jones fued and act like its still a reality. You don't like him its been pretty clear for a decade on this site just comes off bitter. Maggard? :lol2: Haven't thought of Frosty for quite some time now...
August 14, 201313 yr Which Cards fan said Jones was irrelevant? He's relevant. And a clown. Pretty sure that's exactly how he wants it...
August 14, 201313 yr Maggard? :lol2: Haven't thought of Frosty for quite some time now... What's happened to him?
August 14, 201313 yr He's relevant. And a clown. Pretty sure that's exactly how he wants it... I'm just trying to figure out what LB is talking about... Not one person said he was irrelevant. We just disagreed that he was as wildly successful as LB thinks he is.
August 14, 201313 yr Maggard? :lol2: Haven't thought of Frosty for quite some time now... Only reason I brought him up is because years back when you were defending maggard that's the first time I remember your hate for Jones coming out.
August 14, 201313 yr Good question. Haven't heard from him in a while... Isn't he in the land of margaritas
August 14, 201313 yr I'm just trying to figure out what LB is talking about... Not one person said he was irrelevant. We just disagreed that he was as wildly successful as LB thinks he is. You guys down played his relevance. Semantics. I still can't think of a media member who reports on KY teams who is more successful .
August 14, 201313 yr You guys down played his relevance. Semantics. I still can't think of a media member who reports on KY teams who is more successful . So he's a reporter again? And didn't some memeber of Kentucky's media relations department blast him as a pay-site leech with no ethics playing message board hero?
August 14, 201313 yr Only reason I brought him up is because years back when you were defending maggard that's the first time I remember your hate for Jones coming out. Wasn't about defending Marc as much as it was calling out Jones for taking premium info from all of the UK pay sites and using it as his own as he was building KSR. It was just more public with Maggard because the two had regular Internet nerd fights about it...
August 14, 201313 yr You guys down played his relevance. Semantics. I still can't think of a media member who reports on KY teams who is more successful . He's successful at playing to the UK fan base, and doing stories on all things UK. That's pretty much the extent of it. And Pat Forde, for one, is significantly more successful.
August 14, 201313 yr Wasn't about defending Marc as much as it was calling out Jones for taking premium info from all of the UK pay sites and using it as his own as he was building KSR. It was just more public with Maggard because the two had regular Internet nerd fights about it... Jones did do that to start . He hasn't in a very long time. Now that he has success and a staff there is no reason to use a pay site in Kentucky for UK info. Ethics were poor at the time but for the UK fan base its been a positive.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.