Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Straight people asked a question that gays have been asked for years.

Featured Replies

For the crowd that says it is a choice, can we assume you are attracted to both men and women but choose the opposite sex? Because I can assure you the choice was made for me.

  • Replies 213
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume you'll agree with me that anyone who has had pre-marital sex is going to hell as well? That's in the Bible, so it must be true.

 

Thats not in the bible . If it is could I have BCV. please not looking for a argument ( book ch verse)

I can't view the video. What question was asked?

 

Anyone?

 

Anyone? Bueller?

For the crowd that says it is a choice, can we assume you are attracted to both men and women but choose the opposite sex? Because I can assure you the choice was made for me.

 

Exactly why I think it can be a choice or hard wired. I know I am hard wired.

 

What about bi's?

Exactly why I think it can be a choice or hard wired. I know I am hard wired.

 

What about bi's?

 

cross-wired

cross-wired

 

HAHAHA! That damn grounding wire always gets me confused.

It can't be 100% genetic. If that were the case, both of the Collins' twins would be gay. It's a combination of genetics and environment, but I think it's safe to say it's not a choice.

Lot to see/view/discuss here . Hopefully the words can flow and I can share my feelings clearly. First , I'm a believer . Secondly just to get it out there in public , I sin all the time . lots . I wish it were not the case. I dont do the name of Christ any favors on more than one occasion . I will say there was a time when I was very very close to God . It felt great . The greatest crisis of my life drew me close and God showed him self in truly miraculous ways . But i've drifted the past couple years , God hasnt went anywhere , I have .

 

On to the topic . Why does it appear so obvious that humans DON't chose their sexual orientation ? IMO they dont . Some just have the attraction from birth . So it becomes a very difficult question for those are followers of Christ. why would God allow such a thing ? To be born to feel attraction for same sex BUT not act on it ? In turn I could say " Why does God allow ME ( I'm straight) to have such thoughts , attractions, weakness's , perversions , etc etc ? The answer ( if there is one ??) is all of us are born into sin. for some it's obvious ( alcohol , gossip , gay) for some it's a hidden behind closed doors sin ( porn , lust , lying) . I'm not sure God wants us to understand it much better . The whole situation confuses me , I know this , if God doesnt forgive the gay person , then no one gets to heaven , Right ? sin is sin ( there are few instances where it is defined as more serious , I know about the " sin against your body verse) As a general statement if a person has a belief in God and believes in Jesus and ask for forgiveness then that person can , and will be saved from the sin of being a human , Right ? I know the book says " go and sin no more " but no one , NO ONE stops sinning at conversion . So does God save sinners or not ? I sure hope so .

 

The most conflicted people are Christians who are same sex attracted . They want to be righteous and walk in the way of the Lord but cant follow what is their natural inclination to have same sex relations . It's a terrible spot to be . Those individuals are in our church's . They are in our families . They is no playbook or guidebook to help. You offer love and support as best you can . Ultimately it feels very hypocritical to tell those people " Dont do it , don't follow your instincts " and then go and do our own thing (sin) . I feel like I'm getting all over the place with my thought process . Better take a break.

Do you think some folks may be born gay, while other gay folks may choose to be gay???? Can someone change their mind?

 

I feel the majority are born, a minority choose, and if you choose I don't see that you couldn't couldn't change your mind.

also , the link doesnt say what type of life " Willy " chose to continue living . I wonder did he chose a homosexual lifestyle or celibate or ?? . That was a very good read and typical of Christian same sex attracted people. I will add that I feel homosexuality is sin. That is tough , but God's word is pretty clear on that . So while I do feel homosexual people can be saved from their sin I dont think it should be promoted from the church .

Says who? Come on, now. Children are born with deficiencies and deformaties all of the time. God makes people the way that they are for a reason. He loves them all equally. It is us who feels that they know who will go to Heaven and Hell. That is our arrogance.

 

That is true. Maybe God does let a person be born gay and see who will follow the path of sin with them. Who knows.

I was raised in a christian family, but in no way am I a Bible scholar. I understand that there is the Old Testament (pre-Jesus), and the New Testament (concentrating on Jesus), and that all the books of the Bible were written by numerous people.

 

I'm assuming that when all the numerous people who wrote what they wrote, at the time, had no idea that one day all the various books that had been written would one day all become part of what is known as the Bible considering that they were written over a long period of time.

 

When the books were ultimately compiled into what is known as the Bible who actually compiled them? How did they go about choosing what writings would get in the Bible? Considering that it was humans that wrote all the books that became what is known as the Bible, how did they determine which writers wrote was is considered to be the "Word of God"? ... and how did whoever compiled it know with certainty that is was the "Word of God"?

 

With all this in mind, how did some believers of the Bible come to determine that all that is written there truly is the "Word of God", no if''s, and's or but's?

 

For example: Who actually was Leviticus and why is his writings revered? Who decided that what he wrote was the "Word of God"?

 

My gut tells me that if every last word from every last writer is the ultimate truth, that there in itself is quite an awesome phenomenon. My gut also tells me that it is highly unlikely that the compilers of all these works could truly know this to be the case. But since they said so, many take that as the truth and base their beliefs upon it. Fine... that's cool if it works for them, but how does anyone know for sure because we're talking multiple humans here and that would be pretty magnificent if it all proved to be 100% accurate, which of course is impossible to prove and unlikely to be.

 

Then some of those who follow this book as the ultimate truth (even though they can't prove anything) turn to others and use it as some form of guilt complex mechanism and seem to expect others to drop their own belief system and follow their belief system.

 

I've never found too much of a loving feeling from these type people. Typically just a smug judgemental form of arrogance that because of what they believe, they believe that they are the chosen ones and that I'm going to hell. I don't know... where's the love there...I'm not sure?

 

With all this in mind, one who knows without a doubt that they are attracted to the same sex could forego any happiness in life with loving who they love and just be lonely, and just take the word of Bible interpreters as being 100% accurate and follow that which is unprovable...

 

or...

 

They could follow that truth that they have within themselves, and live a fulfilling life, loving who they love and not be lonely.

 

How sad it would be if they chose to follow the words of the Bible interpreters, who very possible and most likely could be mistaken and lead a lonely miserable life, or follow their own truth and live a rewarding happy and loving one.

 

Considering that I'm pretty darn sure of who I am and my truth within, I'm going with following my own instincts and gut feelings and have a nice life full of love and happiness, as opposed to following someone who is likely all wet and end up living a miserable life.

 

To the Bible people, thanks for trying to save me, but at the end of the day I'm not feeling your love and I'm not buying it that you have any to sell. Truthfully, I think that you have some serious problems of your own, but who am I to judge? That's your life and your issue. Good luck with that. My higher power, God, or whatever you want to call it is obviously not the same one that you claim to follow.

Anyone? Bueller?

 

Here's a youtube link to the same video:

 

Some of you are saying that people are born a certain way as in having certain deficiencies. Some of you are sounding like being born gay is a deficiency. I know that's not what you are intending, but be careful in how you use some of your wording

Some of you are saying that people are born a certain way as in having certain deficiencies. Some of you are sounding like being born gay is a deficiency. I know that's not what you are intending, but be careful in how you use some of your wording

 

Gay = birth defect?!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.