Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Straight people asked a question that gays have been asked for years.

Featured Replies

Here's a youtube link to the same video:

 

 

 

Easy question. First time I saw Teresa Savage. :D:D

  • Replies 213
  • Views 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

b ball fan . Some of your criticism's are warranted . I hope you keep an open mind and question everything . If so you will be fine . At least thats my best wish for you .

It can't be 100% genetic. If that were the case, both of the Collins' twins would be gay.

 

Why? Are all twins the exact same?

Gay = birth defect?!

 

The gay gene, right. That would be a defect, correct? The way that our brain interprets certain hormones?

Why? Are all twins the exact same?

 

That made no sense to me either.

Why? Are all twins the exact same?

 

Identical twins have pretty much the exact same genetic makeup.

 

There can be random mutations here and there after the divide, but for the most part, their DNA is the same.

 

I'm not sure if there's been a twin concordance study or anything with homosexuality.

Identical twins have pretty much the exact same genetic makeup.

 

There can be random mutations here and there after the divide, but for the most part, their DNA is the same.

 

I'm not sure if there's been a twin concordance study or anything with homosexuality.

 

Pacific Center for Sex and Society - Homosexual Orientation in Twins: A Report on 61 Pairs and Three Triplet Sets

 

This is the only study I was able to find. The concordance is 65.8% which basically says that there is strong genetic influences on sexual orientation, however, it's not the only thing.

 

Kind of a small sample size though.

It can't be 100% genetic. If that were the case, both of the Collins' twins would be gay. It's a combination of genetics and environment, but I think it's safe to say it's not a choice.

 

Not true. My two best friends are identical twins. One is left handed and one is right handed.

Some of you are saying that people are born a certain way as in having certain deficiencies. Some of you are sounding like being born gay is a deficiency. I know that's not what you are intending, but be careful in how you use some of your wording

 

It is a deficiency IMO. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not true. My two best friends are identical twins. One is left handed and one is right handed.

 

I mean, it is true. It's science. Some genes on one twin can be expressed while they aren't on the other, but it's practically the same DNA.

 

Left handed/right handed isn't 100% genetic either.

Ten months ago I rededicated my life to Christ.I go to Church three times a week,and I try to have a on going personal relationship with God every moment I live.

 

I have to say that the problem I have with being a Christian is not with sinners or unbelievers,but with other people that claim to be Christians...

The hardest part for me is when Christians don't use the love of Christ that is instilled in each and everyone of us.

 

What I find amazing is that the entire bible/Old Testament-New Testament only mentions homosexuality maybe the total of six times,but mentions Idolatry over 100 times...

Christians especially in America are the biggest Idol worshipers in the world.Sad thing is most us have no clue that our material possessions rank right up there with the relationship we have in Christ (If not More)!I too have this problem and by the grace of God I hope he will forgive me.

 

So the question I have to ask is why does something like Homosexuality get moved to the front of sins that is listed in the bible?In my opinion Christians should stop worrying about other peoples sins and try to work on their own flesh...

 

Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

^ I couldn't agree more! Very well said! I can't recall Jesus mentioning homosexuality, but many times he mentioned hypocrisy! I think people should just go back to that saying "WWJD?" to find out how He would have handled it. I see some people being just a few feet short of Westboro on how they judge others. There is only one judge I am concerned about!

No I do not understand everything, but as far as God speaking. Here is what is said.

 

“‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Leviticus 20:13 NIV)[3]

 

I don't know where you came up with the idea that this passage is from God speaking? Even you, yourself noted that is was written by some guy named Leviticus... and we consider the words of Leviticus as gold because???

I don't know where you came up with the idea that this passage is from God speaking? Even you, yourself noted that is was written by some guy named Leviticus... and we consider the words of Leviticus as gold because???

 

He was Barack Obama's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather.

It may appear that I am a non-believer in a higher power considering some of the questions that I have expressed here in the validity of the Bible. Nothing could be further from the truth. My whole life I have been a passionate seeker of the truth, and in being so, I have had trouble completely accepting that which humanity and religion has passed down to me in a nice little package as being the truth. There were periods of my life where I even came close to giving up the search after coming to a conclusion that I was limited as a human being in knowing the ultimate truth. I prayed intensely that if there was a God, please show me a sign. Then I went back again to thinking that perhaps there were just some things that we cannot know.

 

Then 23 years ago, just before, and shortly after the passing of my Dad, I had certain powerful things happen in my life related to my Dad which felt like bricks smacking me in the head to wake me up. Then similar powerful things happened related to the passing of my Mom, my Sister, my Life Partner and even my Cat. It became obvious to me that it appeared that these powerful signs came my way with the passing of very important close people in my life. These signs have given me hope and a deeper belief that there is more to us then our time on this planet. In all of these signs, the powerful message all seems to boil down to an eternal love. It appears that with the loss of a loved one, we in return can gain a deeper understanding of this eternal love. Now that I have experienced these signs, I've been much more keener to listening and understanding others who have stories of similar powerful messages when they too have lost close persons in their lives. With all this said, I still don't feel that I can turn around to others and preach the ultimate truth, or tell others that I have all the answers. I don't. I feel fortunate that finally I feel like I have a better understanding filled with hope, but that doesn't entitle me completely to act as if I now know it all. This journey in life for me is still a work in progress, but I feel comforted in knowing that love is eternal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.