Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2015

Featured Replies

  • Author
Like Cal says, UK not for everybody. Will this kid leave Duke early? Sounds like he will be gone early if as good as advertised. No degree, then the whole Duke education factor is over blown. Have seen many, many "can't misses" over the users who turned out to be anything but. The list is long. I will judge him by what he does in college not high school.

 

Don't think he will leave early. Part of the Duke attraction, no pressure to be a one and done.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 159.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think he will leave early. Part of the Duke attraction' date=' no pressure to be a one and done.[/quote']

 

JP not leaving Duke? Really? Guess he was attracted for different reasons. Are you implying there is one and done pressure at UK? Totally disagree. Talent dictates that, not pressure. If Kennard is projected as top 5 pick after frosh year, he would a fool to stay.

Like Cal says, UK not for everybody. Will this kid leave Duke early? Sounds like he will be gone early if as good as advertised. No degree, then the whole Duke education factor is over blown. Have seen many, many "can't misses" over the users who turned out to be anything but. The list is long. I will judge him by what he does in college not high school.

 

Even if he left after two years, he would be two years towards a Duke degree that he could always finish during the summers or something. Which I'd still want to do, even if I was a multi-millionaire. Easy to say where I'm sitting now though.

People who are KY fans or from KY go to other schools. It happens.

 

Jeff Mullins, Vince Taylor . . . It happens.

Let's see Parker, Okafur, Hood, and Irving. Glad Duke doesn't do the one and done thing.

 

Gold Sunrise is obviously more connected to the situation than I am but I have to believe Matthews, Booker, Ulis, and quite possibly Newman have factored into his decision. I know he can't say that but it has to and should be a factor.

Let's see Parker' date=' Okafur, Hood, and Irving. Glad Duke doesn't do the one and done thing. Gold Sunrise is obviously more connected to the situation than I am but I have to believe Matthews, Booker, Ulis, and quite possibly Newman have factored into his decision. I know he can't say that but it has to and should be a factor.[/quote']

 

Agreed. IMO, Charles Matthews was THE reason Kennard went elsewhere. Can't blame him.

Maybe he thought it was a better fit for his basketball future, or possibly his academic future. UK could have really used him, hope he does well at Duke.

 

So are you saying UK isnt a good academic school?

So are you saying UK isnt a good academic school?

 

It's not even close to the level that Duke is. That's not a knock on UK, it's just the reality of the situation.

Let's see Parker, Okafur, Hood, and Irving. Glad Duke doesn't do the one and done thing.

 

I think Hood is a little out of place on this list. Played at Miss St.

It's not even close to the level that Duke is. That's not a knock on UK, it's just the reality of the situation.

 

I don't know what type of student Kennard is, he may be a great one. But let's keep in mind it's not like a lot of Duke players get tough degrees there. I remeber a few years back when it seemed like the whole team had Sociology majors.

I don't know what type of student Kennard is, he may be a great one. But let's keep in mind it's not like a lot of Duke players get tough degrees there. I remeber a few years back when it seemed like the whole team had Sociology majors.

 

Very well could be a terrible student. It doesn't matter. A degree from Duke, regardless of major, is going to be worth more than one from Kentucky.

Your major has more to do with the money you make than where you went to college.

Your major has more to do with the money you make than where you went to college.

 

Right. However, a degree in Sociology from UK is not going to look as good as a degree in that same major from Duke.

Not taking up or agreeing with All In but pretty sure Jon Hood's final two were UK/Duke?

 

Kennard is the far superior talent, in high school and in college. BUT, almost certain Jon Hood had the same decision on his hands, it wasn't like it was just Kentucky and Western the way you guys are acting. Hoody had some big offers as well.

So what did Coach K and Coach Cal along with every other elite program see in Kennard that they didn't (or wouldn't have) in the case of Hood and Polson?

Hood was heavily recruited by Duke and a four star, and Duke was considered a major player in his recruitment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.