May 13, 201313 yr :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: That's it. No more St. Joe's kids in the store. I guess that means Kentucky is out. Na, he has had his UK hat a long time.......:lol2:
May 13, 201313 yr Na, he has had his UK hat a long time.......:lol2: He's mistaken, the store sold out of UK hats considering they're more popular here than the green team in town. ha
May 13, 201313 yr Sorry about that. Getting back to task. Here are some predictions from CBSSports.com: I think he ends up at Florida State. The Seminoles have been involved with him the longest time, and the family connection is a huge advantage for Leonard Hamilton. Wiggins isn't a fan of overwhelming media attention, and he would be able to avoid that somewhat in Tallahassee. Moreover, he would get be the go-to-guy from day one. Jeff Goodman: "Florida State, but don't count out Kansas." Gary Parrish: Florida State. "Combine the family's connection to the school with Leonard Hamilton's reputation as an elite recruiter with the fact that Wiggins won't really have to share the ball in Tallahassee." Matt Norlander: "FSU." Where will Andrew Wiggins go? Analysis, predictions - CBSSports.com Realize you're passing along others comments, but I'm confused as to these two arguments? I can't imagine a player as good as Wiggins worrying about "sharing the ball", etc. He'll get his shots no matter where he goes?? I'd rather play surrounded by other elite talents that took the defensive focus off me somewhat?? Regarding the media circus, does he really think he can hide in Tallahassee?? He'd be a bigger story there than in any of the other cities, where the other three teams have several other players, etc. that can demand media attention? While there is no doubt UK fans are a rabid as they get, it's not a big media market; and there are several other interesting story lines surrounding next years' team that will demand media time (i.e.: Elite Twin Athletes, Top Overall Recruiting Class, etc.) I'm biased as a UK fan, but if you really want to win next year as much as he claims in interviews (and he's only got one chance in college); and refine & improve your skills every day in practice--Head to Lexington!! Guess we'll all know tomorrow?
May 13, 201313 yr With everything that he has stated as being deciding factors, I can't see a scenario where it's not UK (or at worst UNC/KU). I mean if he really wants to win it all and dominate as he has said then where else are you going to do that? He has said his three main factors is winning, getting prepared for the NBA, and relationship with coach. Cal has been on him from the jump and has formed a solid relationship over the years, the first two factors speak for themselves in terms of UK. If that is his true intention and he really wants to pick his school based on this I don't see how it could be anything but UK. With that said who knows whats going to happen, either one of the four would not surprise me......
May 13, 201313 yr I'm gonna be a fan of the kid no matter where he goes. I sure hope it's Lex, but if not, I'll still be a Wig fan. He's a great kid. And he'll be the first ping pong ball in 2014 regardless.
May 13, 201313 yr So if he does choose FSU doesn't anyone see it as more of a parent choice then all his own choice?
May 13, 201313 yr So if he does choose FSU doesn't anyone see it as more of a parent choice then all his own choice? How do you know he doesn't want to go where his parents went?
May 13, 201313 yr Sorry about that. Getting back to task. Here are some predictions from CBSSports.com: I think he ends up at Florida State. The Seminoles have been involved with him the longest time, and the family connection is a huge advantage for Leonard Hamilton. Wiggins isn't a fan of overwhelming media attention, and he would be able to avoid that somewhat in Tallahassee. Moreover, he would get be the go-to-guy from day one. Jeff Goodman: "Florida State, but don't count out Kansas." Gary Parrish: Florida State. "Combine the family's connection to the school with Leonard Hamilton's reputation as an elite recruiter with the fact that Wiggins won't really have to share the ball in Tallahassee." Matt Norlander: "FSU." Where will Andrew Wiggins go? Analysis, predictions - CBSSports.com What were these guy's predictions on Randle? Refresh my memory.
May 13, 201313 yr So if he does choose FSU doesn't anyone see it as more of a parent choice then all his own choice? How do you know he doesn't want to go where his parents went?I can't go as far as to say it is his parent's choice, but it is fair to say it would be the biggest factor in his decision. I think everyone is in agreement that the Seminoles would not be where they are today in his recruitment with out the parent connection.
May 13, 201313 yr How do you know he doesn't want to go where his parents went? I don't know, not claiming I do. But with any decision that involves a parents alma mater I wonder how much of the decision is their own or pressure from the parents. I believe we can mostly agree that FSU is in the position they are because of family ties, now I'm sure there are other factors as well with Wiggins and maybe he does want to go there but I just question if this is entirely his decision or pressure from parents.
May 13, 201313 yr Another hopeful thing from a hopeful Kentucky fan like myself. This time last year the buzz toward the end of his recruitment was Nerlens to G'Town, everyone thought it was going to happen. Then, just when it starts to look gloom for UK he spins in his chair and reveals the UK logo in the back of his cut. This time a few months ago when Randle's recruitment was winding down all the chatter was he was going to pop for KU, didn't happen. So with that in mind, I'm kind of glad everyone assumes it is FSU, like Noel and Randle it could just work out in Kentucky's favor in the end.....
May 13, 201313 yr I believe we can mostly agree that FSU is in the position they are because of family ties, now I'm sure there are other factors as well with Wiggins and maybe he does want to go there but I just question if this is entirely his decision or pressure from parents. He's only going to be there for a year. Not even a year if we want to get technical. I don't see his parents pressuring him into going to FSU for only a season. Doesn't really matter where he goes to school.
May 13, 201313 yr @GregNJ (GT can back me up on him being legit) @JayJayUSATODAY Other than being a huge D-Bag he seems to know his stuff.
May 13, 201313 yr Other than being a huge D-Bag he seems to know his stuff. Dude does come across as someone a dude that would get punched a lot.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.