Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

Apparently a big part of the Wiggins decision is the food/meal plan at the schools, I like that for UK.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough, I'll rephrase then...Guys who are much more connected with these guys and schools than you or I, have been saying UK for a while. In full disclosure, they've been saying it's their "guess" based on what they know. These guys were also saying UK for Randle well before his decision day, when most of the national guys were swearing it was Kansas.

 

I will agree that it's either UK or FSU, but my money is on the Cats.

 

Speak for yourself.

Speak for yourself.

 

It's not an insult or a putdown, it's a simple statement of fact. You won't find anyone more connected on all things UK basketball than @GregNJ.

It's not an insult or a putdown, it's a simple statement of fact. You won't find anyone more connected on all things UK basketball than @GregNJ.

 

I didn't take it as an insult, I'm just saying: you can factually know that about yourself but how can you factually know who I'm connected to or who I talk to?

I didn't take it as an insult, I'm just saying: you can factually know that about yourself but how can you factually know who I'm connected to or who I talk to?

 

Going back to the John Calipari hire, I haven't seen him be wrong yet. Tells me he's as connected as it gets.

If you're looking for signs, this probably means he isn't going to Kentucky.

 

 

Why?

It's not an insult or a putdown, it's a simple statement of fact. You won't find anyone more connected on all things UK basketball than @GregNJ.

 

On Saturday Wienges tweeted that he would order the four schools: 1) UK 2) Kansas 3) Carolina 4) Florida State.

 

Of course, later that same day he tweeted this: Honest truth. Id pay zero attention to anyone's Wiggins predictions.....even mine lol

Going back to the John Calipari hire, I haven't seen him be wrong yet. Tells me he's as connected as it gets.

 

John Calipari to Coach Kentucky Wildcats? | AllKyHoops.com

 

I have a source close to the Kentucky basketball program that thinks there will be a new coach announced this week. My source feels that an announcement will be made before Wednesday.

 

He said that he firmly believes Kentucky will be announcing someone from their "A List" as the next coach. He added that if he were a betting man, he would put his money on John Calipari from Memphis. He thinks that Kentucky targeted Billy Donovan as the first choice, but Donovan opted to stay at Florida.

 

 

John Calipari's career record is 446-140 in 17 seasons. He spent eight seasons at Massachusetts, where he was 193-71. In 1995-96, Calipari led the Minutemen to the NCAA Final Four and had a 35-2 record. He has gone 243-69 at Memphis, including an NCAA Runner-up finish in 2007-08.

 

UPDATE: Larry Vaught is reporting on Kentucky Sports Report that a meeting with Calipari “has occurred or will be soon”.

 

UPDATE #2: I'm not sure what type of connections he has at the college level, but Stephen A. Smith (ESPN) states that John Calipari "will" be the next coach at Kentucky.

 

 

UPDATE #3 - Breaking News - ESPN Radio is reporting that there is mutual interest between UK and John Calipari. ESPN Radio reports that Kentucky has asked for AND received permission to talk to Calipari. ESPN TV reports that Kentucky has not asked for permission to speak with Calipari. Here is a link stating that Calipari is on Kentucky's radar.

 

UPDATE #4: CBSSports is reporting that Calipari and Kentucky could meet Monday. Here's a similar article from the folks in Memphis.

John Calipari to Coach Kentucky Wildcats? | AllKyHoops.com

 

I have a source close to the Kentucky basketball program that thinks there will be a new coach announced this week. My source feels that an announcement will be made before Wednesday.

 

He said that he firmly believes Kentucky will be announcing someone from their "A List" as the next coach. He added that if he were a betting man, he would put his money on John Calipari from Memphis. He thinks that Kentucky targeted Billy Donovan as the first choice, but Donovan opted to stay at Florida.

 

 

John Calipari's career record is 446-140 in 17 seasons. He spent eight seasons at Massachusetts, where he was 193-71. In 1995-96, Calipari led the Minutemen to the NCAA Final Four and had a 35-2 record. He has gone 243-69 at Memphis, including an NCAA Runner-up finish in 2007-08.

 

UPDATE: Larry Vaught is reporting on Kentucky Sports Report that a meeting with Calipari “has occurred or will be soon”.

 

UPDATE #2: I'm not sure what type of connections he has at the college level, but Stephen A. Smith (ESPN) states that John Calipari "will" be the next coach at Kentucky.

 

 

UPDATE #3 - Breaking News - ESPN Radio is reporting that there is mutual interest between UK and John Calipari. ESPN Radio reports that Kentucky has asked for AND received permission to talk to Calipari. ESPN TV reports that Kentucky has not asked for permission to speak with Calipari. Here is a link stating that Calipari is on Kentucky's radar.

 

UPDATE #4: CBSSports is reporting that Calipari and Kentucky could meet Monday. Here's a similar article from the folks in Memphis.

I'm confused. What are you looking for here, Wireman?

I'm confused. What are you looking for here, Wireman?

 

Sorry about that. Getting back to task. Here are some predictions from CBSSports.com:

 

 

I think he ends up at Florida State. The Seminoles have been involved with him the longest time, and the family connection is a huge advantage for Leonard Hamilton. Wiggins isn't a fan of overwhelming media attention, and he would be able to avoid that somewhat in Tallahassee. Moreover, he would get be the go-to-guy from day one.

 

Jeff Goodman: "Florida State, but don't count out Kansas."

 

Gary Parrish: Florida State. "Combine the family's connection to the school with Leonard Hamilton's reputation as an elite recruiter with the fact that Wiggins won't really have to share the ball in Tallahassee."

 

Matt Norlander: "FSU."

 

Where will Andrew Wiggins go? Analysis, predictions - CBSSports.com

John Calipari to Coach Kentucky Wildcats? | AllKyHoops.com

 

I have a source close to the Kentucky basketball program that thinks there will be a new coach announced this week. My source feels that an announcement will be made before Wednesday.

 

He said that he firmly believes Kentucky will be announcing someone from their "A List" as the next coach. He added that if he were a betting man, he would put his money on John Calipari from Memphis. He thinks that Kentucky targeted Billy Donovan as the first choice, but Donovan opted to stay at Florida.

 

 

John Calipari's career record is 446-140 in 17 seasons. He spent eight seasons at Massachusetts, where he was 193-71. In 1995-96, Calipari led the Minutemen to the NCAA Final Four and had a 35-2 record. He has gone 243-69 at Memphis, including an NCAA Runner-up finish in 2007-08.

 

UPDATE: Larry Vaught is reporting on Kentucky Sports Report that a meeting with Calipari “has occurred or will be soon”.

 

UPDATE #2: I'm not sure what type of connections he has at the college level, but Stephen A. Smith (ESPN) states that John Calipari "will" be the next coach at Kentucky.

 

 

UPDATE #3 - Breaking News - ESPN Radio is reporting that there is mutual interest between UK and John Calipari. ESPN Radio reports that Kentucky has asked for AND received permission to talk to Calipari. ESPN TV reports that Kentucky has not asked for permission to speak with Calipari. Here is a link stating that Calipari is on Kentucky's radar.

 

UPDATE #4: CBSSports is reporting that Calipari and Kentucky could meet Monday. Here's a similar article from the folks in Memphis.

 

I think UKMF was saying that since John Calipari was hired he hasn't seen that dude he follows be wrong about anything UK related. Not that he was the only one who knew about Calipari.

I'll be shocked if he goes to FSU. I expect him to go to UK.

I think UKMF was saying that since John Calipari was hired he hasn't seen that dude he follows be wrong about anything UK related. Not that he was the only one who knew about Calipari.

 

Yeah, I know what he was saying but I'm just saying that other people know stuff too. Don't get me wrong, however. I like GregNJ a lot and follow him on Twitter, as well.

The Huntington reporter said today that only the family knows where he is going so do not believe any other news, not even the schools he's considering knows.

Seems to me if he were going to FSU he would have already announced, but maybe I am over analyzing the situation. When you stack up all the programs FSU is definitely the odd school out. They have been on there from the start because of his parents and one can only assume that is 95% of the reason they are still listed today as an option. If there is one school on the list you would have fully committed to from the start of the 4 finalists, it would have been FSU. But again, I am trying to psycho analyze a situation of which I really know nothing about. Anyone else see it like that?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.