May 13, 201313 yr This kid is starved for attention. Because it's a private announcement? That doesn't make sense.
May 13, 201313 yr Sarcasm... If you're looking for signs, this probably means he isn't going to Kentucky.
May 13, 201313 yr Still beyond satisfied with the class either way but you can't fault Wiggins, although some will bash him on Twitter or Facebook, for whatever decision he makes. Would have been ridiculous to have landed him to add to this class but even if he chooses FSU he will be great. Best wishes and hopefully he chooses the school that HE wants to.
May 13, 201313 yr Again, by having a private announcement with friends and family and only one reporter I think he is doing it his way. Which IMO IS NOT an attention grab. Kid seems to be either showing some rare maturity or huge commitment issues. I'll give him a pass, how many other kids of this level have had this low key of a recruitment? If you think about it he and his family have said little to nothing, everything being said has been speculation by those trying to be the first to break some news.
May 13, 201313 yr Again, by having a private announcement with friends and family and only one reporter I think he is doing it his way. Which IMO IS NOT an attention grab. Kid seems to be either showing some rare maturity or huge commitment issues. I'll give him a pass, how many other kids of this level have had this low key of a recruitment? If you think about it he and his family have said little to nothing, everything being said has been speculation by those trying to be the first to break some news. What I've been trying to say all along...
May 13, 201313 yr If you're looking for signs, this probably means he isn't going to Kentucky. How is that a sign?
May 13, 201313 yr I think UK will be the choice after putting some things together. I don't blame the kid for taking his time and making a decision, it is his prerogative. He reclassified which makes it a little bit different and had a pretty busy spring with the all star games and such. He can take as long as he likes. He doesn't seem to be playing this out as a ploy, plus everything is pretty tight lipped in regards to his recruitment. One thing that is interesting, it doesn't seem like dad made the trip down to Huntington and dad has wanted FSU, but mom has been thought to like UK. I just don't see him going to an Adidas school which would eliminate Kansas. He is assuredly a one and done kid and there is some slight criticism being volleyed at the staff in Chapel Hill in regards to development of elite players in a year's time. So that leaves UK and FSU. Leonard Hamilton has really never had a to handle a kid like Wiggins before and as Dan Wolken said that Wiggins with FSU would definitely be a science experiment for Leonard. I think in order to register for summer classes you have to register by May 15th. Some have rumored that the application for UK summer classes has already begun. Not sure if that flies or not. If it doesn't pan out for UK, so be it, but I sure would like to have a talent of the likes of Andrew Wiggins.
May 13, 201313 yr How is that a sign? I can't find anyone who thinks he's going anywhere besides FSU. Bill Self thinks he has him wrapped up too. Self also thinks he has Tarik Black wrapped up. No one is saying Kentucky or UNC.
May 13, 201313 yr A friend of mine sent me this on facebook, Supposedly ESPN put this out by mistake before they had a chance to stop it. Check out the info on the top line. :sssh: :lol2: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/321586_10101235563003760_473891034_n.jpg
May 13, 201313 yr I can't find anyone who thinks he's going anywhere besides FSU. Bill Self thinks he has him wrapped up too. Self also thinks he has Tarik Black wrapped up. No one is saying Kentucky or UNC. I don't believe this is a sign, because his recruitment has been so tight lipped. All these people can speculate, but they don't know.
May 13, 201313 yr Tuesday at 12:15 is officially decision time. He will have one local Huntington reporter there to relay the decision. No press conference or anything. You will want to add a new Follower to your list on Twitter by Tuesday morning. Grant Traylor is the lone reporter who will be in attendance when Andrew Wiggins makes his college decision on Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. Classmates, friends and family will also be there for the decision, but Traylor will be the only media member. Traylor is a reporter for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia Edited May 13, 201313 yr by gold sunrise
May 13, 201313 yr I can't find anyone who thinks he's going anywhere besides FSU. Bill Self thinks he has him wrapped up too. Self also thinks he has Tarik Black wrapped up. No one is saying Kentucky or UNC. That's odd. The few guys I follow on Twitter who are in the "know", and haven't been wrong yet have been saying Kentucky for quite awhile, and haven't wavered.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.