Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

KSR reports that the host parent (a UK fan) of another player said that they hope UK fans don't ruin the future by acting like idiots towards Wiggins when he picks another school.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
401849_604148041073_1785766820_n.jpg

You will want to add a new Follower to your list on Twitter by Tuesday morning. Grant Traylor is the lone reporter who will be in attendance when Andrew Wiggins makes his college decision on Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. Classmates, friends and family will also be there for the decision, but Traylor will be the only media member. Traylor is a reporter for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia

Grant is a great guy. He does a great job here in Htn. He's always been very respectful in his coverage of Prep and Wig in particular.

That's odd. The few guys I follow on Twitter who are in the "know", and haven't been wrong yet have been saying Kentucky for quite awhile, and haven't wavered.

 

No one is in the "know" on this one.

KSR reports that the host parent (a UK fan) of another player said that they hope UK fans don't ruin the future by acting like idiots towards Wiggins when he picks another school.

 

The tweet in reference:

 

hope the BBN will keep it classy.AW was not impressed with BBN reaction to Bennett's Selection.Next great will be watching.

The tweet in reference:

 

 

hope the BBN will keep it classy.AW was not impressed with BBN reaction to Bennett's Selection.Next great will be watching.

I'm not buying this. If this was a factor Wiggins wouldn't have had UK on his list from the beginning.

No one is in the "know" on this one.
Never has been.
No one is in the "know" on this one.

 

Fair enough, I'll rephrase then...Guys who are much more connected with these guys and schools than you or I, have been saying UK for a while. In full disclosure, they've been saying it's their "guess" based on what they know. These guys were also saying UK for Randle well before his decision day, when most of the national guys were swearing it was Kansas.

 

I will agree that it's either UK or FSU, but my money is on the Cats.

I'm not buying this. If this was a factor Wiggins wouldn't have had UK on his list from the beginning.

 

I'm just the messenger here, simply relaying the information.

 

My take on Wiggins has mostly been this: UK or Florida State. I believe they have been recruiting him the longest & I think that matters to him. Pretty sure Coach Fulford said it mattered greatly as well. His ties with Florida State from Mom & Dad are obvious. Should he choose to follow in their footsteps & "keep it in the family" so to speak, good for him. And as I & others have said previously, if he doesn't choose UK I want him at FSU. He makes them much better, but in no way do I see them being a title threat.

 

The reason I have thought it's Kentucky is because of the statements he made in an interview during the All-Star games. I'm thinking it was the interview he did with Jason Jordan, but I'm not 100% sure. It was the one where he talked about a desire to win & how important that was to him. He'll win games wherever he goes, because a team with Andrew Wiggins is going to win more than it loses--even FSU. But if winning is priority #1 for him, UK seems the most logical choice. The Cats are going to be loaded next season regardless of where Wiggins goes. I believe they are one of the top three teams, and probably the top team, if Wiggins goes anywhere but North Carolina. If Andrew chooses Lexington, it makes the 2013-14 roster perhaps the most talent-laden in the history of the school.

 

At this point, I have to believe Wiggins when he talks about how important winning is. We were led to believe that his manner of announcing would be dissimilar to a lot of previous top recruits & now I think that is coming to fruition. So if he says winning is highly important, I am believing him. And I believe he has the best chance to win, to win big & to win a lot at Kentucky.

 

So I'm sticking with the Cats, in spite of all the hand-wringing going on around a fan base that feels like it is going to lose out on this one.

 

If I'm wrong, so be it. I'm just a Joe Schmo idiot who really enjoys following the recruiting scene & this particular recruit has been the most interesting & fascinating to follow.

Kentucky meets all of the criteria he once mentioned. FSU does not. That's why I'm holding out hope. I think Kansas is in there too, which makes this decision a fun one to wait for. No one really knows anything, and it's awesome.

No one really knows anything, and it's awesome.

 

Agreed.

 

And it's really weird. I hate that no one knows anything, but I also love that no one knows anything. :lol2:

 

That's odd. The few guys I follow on Twitter who are in the "know", and haven't been wrong yet have been saying Kentucky for quite awhile, and haven't wavered.

 

Who are these people?

I'm just the messenger here, simply relaying the information.

 

My take on Wiggins has mostly been this: UK or Florida State. I believe they have been recruiting him the longest & I think that matters to him. Pretty sure Coach Fulford said it mattered greatly as well. His ties with Florida State from Mom & Dad are obvious. Should he choose to follow in their footsteps & "keep it in the family" so to speak, good for him. And as I & others have said previously, if he doesn't choose UK I want him at FSU. He makes them much better, but in no way do I see them being a title threat.

 

The reason I have thought it's Kentucky is because of the statements he made in an interview during the All-Star games. I'm thinking it was the interview he did with Jason Jordan, but I'm not 100% sure. It was the one where he talked about a desire to win & how important that was to him. He'll win games wherever he goes, because a team with Andrew Wiggins is going to win more than it loses--even FSU. But if winning is priority #1 for him, UK seems the most logical choice. The Cats are going to be loaded next season regardless of where Wiggins goes. I believe they are one of the top three teams, and probably the top team, if Wiggins goes anywhere but North Carolina. If Andrew chooses Lexington, it makes the 2013-14 roster perhaps the most talent-laden in the history of the school.

 

At this point, I have to believe Wiggins when he talks about how important winning is. We were led to believe that his manner of announcing would be dissimilar to a lot of previous top recruits & now I think that is coming to fruition. So if he says winning is highly important, I am believing him. And I believe he has the best chance to win, to win big & to win a lot at Kentucky.

 

So I'm sticking with the Cats, in spite of all the hand-wringing going on around a fan base that feels like it is going to lose out on this one.

 

If I'm wrong, so be it. I'm just a Joe Schmo idiot who really enjoys following the recruiting scene & this particular recruit has been the most interesting & fascinating to follow.

 

Great post RP. I am not a twitter follower, so any outlet that I can listen to tomorrow?

Who are these people?

 

@GregNJ (GT can back me up on him being legit)

@JayJayUSATODAY

Great post RP. I am not a twitter follower, so any outlet that I can listen to tomorrow?

 

The only media presence will be the local Huntington guy. He was interviewed on KSR this morning & he told Matt Jones that he would relay the information in a simple tweet, perhaps with a couple of pictures of Andrew signing his paperwork.

 

As Doc & GT have proclaimed from the beginning, Wiggins is going about this in typical Wiggins fashion--low-key, little fanfare, etc. He's keeping this small, quiet & involving the people who matter the most to him.

 

So my advice is stay tuned to BGP. It'll be on here about a minute after the information is made public by the Huntington guy.

The only media presence will be the local Huntington guy. He was interviewed on KSR this morning & he told Matt Jones that he would relay the information in a simple tweet, perhaps with a couple of pictures of Andrew signing his paperwork.

 

As Doc & GT have proclaimed from the beginning, Wiggins is going about this in typical Wiggins fashion--low-key, little fanfare, etc. He's keeping this small, quiet & involving the people who matter the most to him.

 

So my advice is stay tuned to BGP. It'll be on here about a minute after the information is made public by the Huntington guy.

 

What I was hoping you would say......:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.