Coach Dilts at Dayton has resigned...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve's wife teaches at Dayton and he could use some Head Coaching experience but Man taking the Dayton job is a tough way to start out.

I've heard that Coach Hunt did NOT apply.

QUOTE=Asher2012;4633730]I ran into Coach Walls at the State Tourney. He had just resigned from coach football at Dayton because he wanted to focus on basketball and he has a new addition to his family, right before Coach Dilts resigned. He said that he "LOVED" being at Scott and working with Coach Carr. I tried to sell it to him because he is a "Dayton guy" and he just said he loved the atmosphere @Scott. I got the feeling that he wanted to spend the summers with his son!!

Not saying you're wrong but Coach Walls must have had a change of heart. I've heard from a pretty reliable source that he was one of the interviews granted. Along with Coach Menifee, the younger Coach Dilts, Coach Rogg, and one other. Possibly a Campbell County assistant???

I've heard that Coach Hunt did NOT apply.

QUOTE=Asher2012;4633730]I ran into Coach Walls at the State Tourney. He had just resigned from coach football at Dayton because he wanted to focus on basketball and he has a new addition to his family, right before Coach Dilts resigned. He said that he "LOVED" being at Scott and working with Coach Carr. I tried to sell it to him because he is a "Dayton guy" and he just said he loved the atmosphere @Scott. I got the feeling that he wanted to spend the summers with his son!!

Not saying you're wrong but Coach Walls must have had a change of heart. I've heard from a pretty reliable source that he was one of the interviews granted. Along with Coach Menifee, the younger Coach Dilts, Coach Rogg, and one other. Possibly a Campbell County assistant???

Who has the best chance of getting this job?

I like the Menifee option. He has assisted at Campbell County and had the head coach job at Bellevue previously.

Menefee