Coach Dilts at Dayton has resigned...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents, for what it's worth:

If the names on this thread are truly applicants, my guess would be that Beau Menefee would be one of the front runners. I believe he was the Head Coach at Bellevue some years back, but I could be wrong. I know that he was on staff there.

Mike Walls would be an obvious choice considering he's a Dayton guy, been a HC and just came off of a staff that went to the Regional Final. I thought he coached football at Dayton as well, but it's been a few years since I've been to one of their games.

Bill Rogg, Darrell Patton & Nathan Dilts have all put in time with the program, which is great for the kids in the system, but I don't know if any are ready to be the HC. Not a shot at any of those three, just my opinion. Part of me thinks a change in scenery would be best for the administration, but sometimes continuity is what's best for the kids.

I hope that whomever the Principal and Superintendent hire is the perfect fit. Nothing better than seeing the little guy succeed, i.e. Augusta.

I ran into Coach Walls at the State Tourney. He had just resigned from coach football at Dayton because he wanted to focus on basketball and he has a new addition to his family, right before Coach Dilts resigned. He said that he "LOVED" being at Scott and working with Coach Carr. I tried to sell it to him because he is a "Dayton guy" and he just said he loved the atmosphere @Scott. I got the feeling that he wanted to spend the summers with his son!!

I ran into Coach Walls at the State Tourney. He had just resigned from coach football at Dayton because he wanted to focus on basketball and he has a new addition to his family, right before Coach Dilts resigned. He said that he "LOVED" being at Scott and working with Coach Carr. I tried to sell it to him because he is a "Dayton guy" and he just said he loved the atmosphere @Scott. I got the feeling that he wanted to spend the summers with his son!!

Can't argue with that!

From what I've heard, Walls will also be a member of Scott's football staff too this year. He was the middle school coach at Woodland when this years senior class was in 8th grade.

• 2 weeks later...
Rumors from someone closet the program says 2 former Highlands assistants, Beau Menifee for sure, DHS assistants Billy Rogg, Nathan Dilts, & a Newport assistant that played at Calgary.

Who has the best chance of getting the job? I thought Menifee would apply for the Highlands job.