Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Dilts at Dayton has resigned...

Featured Replies

Heard this today at their gym... Decided to step down after thirty-some years.... Congrats to him. Not many stick around that long these days....

 

What direction do the Devils go in now?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard this today at their gym... Decided to step down after thirty-some years.... Congrats to him. Not many stick around that long these days....

 

What direction do the Devils go in now?

I had heard earlier this season that this was Coach Dilts' final season. Tom dedicated his life to the kids at Dayton and is to be commended for his efforts.

 

I've always admired the way he stuck to his Dayton roots through more bad times than good. He is a good man and his players are better off for having played for him. I wish Coach Dilts nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

I had heard earlier this season that this was Coach Dilts' final season. Tom dedicated his life to the kids at Dayton and is to be commended for his efforts.

 

I've always admired the way he stuck to his Dayton roots through more bad times than good. He is a good man and his players are better off for having played for him. I wish Coach Dilts nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

 

'Stang you couldn't have said it any better. Bigtime Kudos to Mr. Dilts for having the dedication to the students and the Dayton community for so many year of loyal service. It takes a special individual to sacrifice all that he has, and Coach Dilts is a that kid of guy. :ylsuper: He will truly be missed.

I had heard earlier this season that this was Coach Dilts' final season. Tom dedicated his life to the kids at Dayton and is to be commended for his efforts.

 

I've always admired the way he stuck to his Dayton roots through more bad times than good. He is a good man and his players are better off for having played for him. I wish Coach Dilts nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

 

I won't try to re-word what Mustang said so well.

I had heard earlier this season that this was Coach Dilts' final season. Tom dedicated his life to the kids at Dayton and is to be commended for his efforts.

 

I've always admired the way he stuck to his Dayton roots through more bad times than good. He is a good man and his players are better off for having played for him. I wish Coach Dilts nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

 

Nor can I. We wish Coach Dilts all the best. You don't see coaches with this kind of tenure much anymore. All the best!!

 

That being said, does son Nathan take over the program??

Good Man who along with his family have made many sacrifices for the kids of Dayton. That includes his wife and children. Thank you for your many years of service to DHS.

Got to love loyalty; something that isn't seen very often these days.

Good man is Coach Dilts and I wish him and his family the best for their future endeavors.

I agree. The man worked hard for many years to help Dayton schools and the students there.

  • Author

I agree with all of the above... The kinda guy that so many schools need but don't get is the one that stays and doesn't jump around. It's rare anymore. Seems like they have been pretty competitive in his tenure too.

 

It may be a struggle for program consistency now... The Bellevue and Silver Grove coaching jobs have been revolving doors as of late. I feel like the Dayton job could fall right in that mold....

I agree with all of the above... The kinda guy that so many schools need but don't get is the one that stays and doesn't jump around. It's rare anymore. Seems like they have been pretty competitive in his tenure too.

 

It may be a struggle for program consistency now... The Bellevue and Silver Grove coaching jobs have been revolving doors as of late. I feel like the Dayton job could fall right in that mold....

 

Well it won't be an issue when these schools merge in a couple of years. All kidding aside, I admire coach Dilts and how he has dedicated his life to the school and city of Dayton. There are a handful of folks down there that just pour out their hearts and souls for little reward. Best wishes!

Has anyone heard anything about who is on the "short-list" of candidates to replace Coach Dilts?

I will echo the sentiments of the others in this thread and agree that Tom Dilts is a very good man who gave his very best to the kids of Dayton. Great job Tom..Enjoy your retirement.

  • Author
Has anyone heard anything about who is on the "short-list" of candidates to replace Coach Dilts?

 

Posted this in the job openings thread yesterday but judging by the other threads involving coaches thought it might go hear as well...

 

The names floating around for this one that I've heard include Bo Menifee, Mike Walls (former Silver Grove HC and current Scott assistant, Dayton grad),JV coach Nathan Dilts, freshman coach Bill Rogg, former assistant Darrell Patton, and Highlands JV coach Steve Hunt.

Posted this in the job openings thread yesterday but judging by the other threads involving coaches thought it might go hear as well...

 

The names floating around for this one that I've heard include Bo Menifee, Mike Walls (former Silver Grove HC and current Scott assistant, Dayton grad),JV coach Nathan Dilts, freshman coach Bill Rogg, former assistant Darrell Patton, and Highlands JV coach Steve Hunt.

 

Have known Darrell for quite some time, great guy, would do a great job IMO.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.