Who will be the top 5 teams in NKY this season?

UK#1fanisback

Both starting WR's, Starting TE, Starting FB who will be their TB taking AJ Collins place, Avery Bricking avg'd around 8-9 yards a carry last year and is pretty darn good, he was also their starting LB on defense. Both starting CB's will be back. As I said their big loss is their lines which makes next year a question mark on how well they will do.

Not sure what they have coming back on the O line, but I did see their JV play last year and their O line was huge! If some of those kids develop......all I can say is look out.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what they have coming back on the O line, but I did see their JV play last year and their O line was huge! If some of those kids develop......all I can say is look out.

They do have a pretty good big kid in Froelicher who plays nose guard and got some time in Varsity games who is a beast and strong as an ox coming back, Neuman will be back also.

I don't think they will be as bad as some on here think. The top 5 many are listing I believe Cooper could still beat 3 of them. But we'll just let them underestimate them, it worked good for the jags last year. I think they loke being the underdog.

True, which is why my big question mark is how the Offensive and defensive lines will be for 2013. As far as the other losses, I believe many are forgetting that this team had many juniors playing key roles in last years team just like seniors.

The team is returning a RB that averaged 12.9 yards a carry and 7 TD's in Avery Bricking, the team is also returning their 2 starting WR's that had 9 TD's and 1000 yards receiving as well as both starting Corners and LB that helped this team become one of the best defensive teams in the state. So as I said, both lines will be a huge question mark, but if they can have any sort of success in the trenches they may have the shot at making another run for the district title.

It should be interesting, I could be eating crow but I also think you still have to give them some respect until proven otherwise after what they've done the last couple years.

The wide receivers and the corners are the same 2 kids. The rb and the lb is the same kid. So they return 3 starters on offense and 3 on defense? The defensive line was what made them go defensively. Do they return any of those kids?

Why are people so worried about their teams being respected from success the previous year? We see this often in college football. USC was so respected that they were pre-season #1 in the country. That respect didn't work out so well for them...

The wide receivers and the corners are the same 2 kids. The rb and the lb is the same kid. So they return 3 starters on offense and 3 on defense? The defensive line was what made them go defensively. Do they return any of those kids?

Why are people so worried about their teams being respected from success the previous year? We see this often in college football. USC was so respected that they were pre-season #1 in the country. That respect didn't work out so well for them...

That is not correct. The WR's and the CB's are not the same. Morgan plays WR and CB, Fussinger WR and safety, Pauls is the other starting CB, not starting WR.

As I stated already 2 of the D-Linemen are returning (Ludwig, Nueman, and actually 3 due to Froehlicher who got a lot of playing time the second half of the season , so possibly 3 returning on the D-line plus they have another who got some good playng time in Richardson depending on where Richardson plays.

Here are the 2 starters returning from the D-line (Ludwig, Nueman, also Froehlicher who got a lot of playing time the 2nd half of the season would be the third and depending on richardson if he plays line, he got a lot of playing time his sophomore and junior year. so that is 3 who got a lot of playing time last year and a 4th with experience.) Add on to that Morgan, Fussinger, Pauls, Bricking and you have 8 with a lot of defensive experience last year. Richardson is my big question mark depending on where they play him. So 7 pretty good starters and an 8th depending on where they use that player.

One thing you can count on, Coach Borchers will find 1 player that he will use as a disruptive player on the line that no one saw going into the season. He did it the last 2 years. 2 years ago it was JP who was a sack master, last year after losing JP he put Duustin Mitchell into that role and he played awesome. Next year he will find someone else to steep into that role I have no doubt.

As far as respect, it has to do more with teams I know would have trouble beating Cooper. Here are ssome teams several on here listed in their top 5 that I still think Cooper can beat.

Beechwood

Scott

Boone

SK

just to name a few.

Nothing to do with respect, just Cooper is better thann those teams imo.

Edited by Hellbird

That is not correct. The WR's and the CB's are not the same. Morgan plays WR and CB, Fussinger WR and safety, Pauls is the other starting CB, not starting WR.

As I stated already 2 of the D-Linemen are returning (Ludwig, Nueman, and actually 3 due to Froehlicher who got a lot of playing time the second half of the season , so possibly 3 returning on the D-line plus they have another who got some good playng time in Richardson depending on where Richardson plays.

Here are the 2 starters returning from the D-line (Ludwig, Nueman, also Froehlicher who got a lot of playing time the 2nd half of the season would be the third and depending on richardson if he plays line, he got a lot of playing time his sophomore and junior year. so that is 3 who got a lot of playing time last year and a 4th with experience.) Add on to that Morgan, Fussinger, Pauls, Bricking and you have 8 with a lot of defensive experience last year. Richardson is my big question mark depending on where they play him. So 7 pretty good starters and an 8th depending on where they use that player.

One thing you can count on, Coach Borchers will find 1 player that he will use as a disruptive player on the line that no one saw going into the season. He did it the last 2 years. 2 years ago it was JP who was a sack master, last year after losing JP he put Duustin Mitchell into that role and he played awesome. Next year he will find someone else to steep into that role I have no doubt.

As far as respect, it has to do more with teams I know would have trouble beating Cooper. Here are ssome teams several on here listed in their top 5 that I still think Cooper can beat.

Beechwood

Scott

Boone

SK

just to name a few.

Nothing to do with respect, just Cooper is better thann those teams imo.

Sorry buddy but no way Cooper beats SK. Cooper doesn't even know who is going to be their starting QB and they lost a really good one. SK is going to beat them by 21 at least. :D

Sorry buddy but no way Cooper beats SK. Cooper doesn't even know who is going to be their starting QB and they lost a really good one. SK is going to beat them by 21 at least. :D

Haha. We do know out QB. It will be a fun game. I'll let you buy me a hot dog.

It will be a unproven QB. SK will blitz him like crazy. SK returns 8 starters on defense and 7 starters on offense. I just don't see Cooper hanging with them to much depth on this SK team.

Thank the man above that Markesberry doesnt listen to you...

Thats not the way to expose or get to a young or inexperience QB. Just sayin...

It will be a unproven QB. SK will blitz him like crazy. SK returns 8 starters on defense and 7 starters on offense. I just don't see Cooper hanging with them to much depth on this SK team.

You may be right, but one thing you are wrong about is the inexperinced part. The QB has played in several games starting back to his sophomore year where in week 1 alone he split time as QB with Tyler Morris in tha game against Ryle. So it's not like throwing a sheep to the wolves. But then again we really don't know how he will fair until he faces you all next year will we? A lot of teams last year didn't think Cooper would hang with them either starting with the first game of the year, but we all know what happened.

You may be right, SK could end up putting a whooping on Cooper, but if last years 7 on 7 is any indication you could be very very wrong.

Oh BTW, please have them blitz like crazy, I know a couple recievers that would love that. :D

Here is my top 5 NKY teams.

1. Simon Kenton

2. Highlands

3. Dixie

4. Beechwood

5. Conner

Looks like UK#1 fan..

Conner does not have the best QB!

Yep, it's him.

Can we just get past basketball districts before the QB wars begin?

Haha. We do know out QB. It will be a fun game. I'll let you buy me a hot dog.

I'm assuming the QB for Cooper next year will be Ludwig.. If that's the case, the kid may not be the most athletic kid on the field but he will by far be the smartest kid on the field.

All that coming back and Highlands is not on the schedule.....this could have been the year.:D