Holmes 67 Highlands 36

Enrolled at Holmes the Monday after the NC/Campbell Co. game. I believe his dad was not happy about his playing time, at least that is what I was told. :idunno:

My free advice to young Mr Covington.

Play harder.

No attitude.

You had one of the best coaches in NKY on your bench and when I saw you you tuned him out when he was offering advice.

Your game needs work (like all do). You weren't one of the best 5 on NC's JV.

Coach Booher isn't going to be any softer than Jimmy P.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enrolled at Holmes the Monday after the NC/Campbell Co. game. I believe his dad was not happy about his playing time, at least that is what I was told. :idunno:

I was told that he never even moved from Kenton County to begin with. I still will be curious to see what excuse is used to make him eligible next year since I heard he was going to Holy Cross.

Definitely not the type of BB I am used to seeing from the 'birds.

Just a very poor shooting team that runs a pass happy offense that emphasizes screens, which typically never get set correctly and kids that don't have confidence to beat their man.

Nick True may have been 3-12 from the field tonight but he battled and showed some chippiness the other kids should exemplify imo.

Turner and True combined were 8 for 26 from the field.

I was rather surprised the Birds came out in man-man against the quicker, more talented Dogs. I guess getting down 20-4 had nothing to do with that though.

This team has 4 more regular season games to play and needs to stop playing around because there is no next year for 4 of those boys.

I was told that he never even moved from Kenton County to begin with. I still will be curious to see what excuse is used to make him eligible next year since I heard he was going to Holy Cross.

KHSAA has a rule that says that there has to be a least one player immediately eligible when transferring between Holmes and HC.

Were you sitting in the Highlands section or the Holmes section? These kids were in the Highlands section and the same garbage went on during the football game at Holmes this year as well.

They were sitting behind me while I was trying to film and I can assure you the obnoxious behavior isn't a regular at Holmes games as that is where I usually film from.

Speaking if film, I will post the pregame ceremony and highlights sometime tomorrow. Busy day for Walter as it is the lady's bday and her brother is also having his send off ceremony at Harrison Co high school for his third tour. Not sure how much I will be home.

Boring game tonight but great atmosphere. Thanks to everyone on here that showed up. I know this was an important night for Coach Booher and I'm sure he is appreciative of the support.

Play harder.

No attitude.

You had one of the best coaches in NKY on your bench and when I saw you you tuned him out when he was offering advice.

This.

Won't happen...didn't work out over the summer so doubt it works out in the future.

They were sitting behind me while I was trying to film and I can assure you the obnoxious behavior isn't a regular at Holmes games as that is where I usually film from.

Speaking if film, I will post the pregame ceremony and highlights sometime tomorrow. Busy day for Walter as it is the lady's bday and her brother is also having his send off ceremony at Harrison Co high school for his third tour. Not sure how much I will be home.

Boring game tonight but great atmosphere. Thanks to everyone on here that showed up. I know this was an important night for Coach Booher and I'm sure he is appreciative of the support.

THREE TOURS! THANK YOU and may God watch over him!

Play harder.

No attitude.

Anyone close to this situation knows there is more to this story than your "free" advice! I do not know about Jimmy P's toughness but do know he talks out of both sides of his mouth to kids, etc. It isn't about being a tough coach, it is about a coach getting the most out of his kids by being up front and honest with kids, providing constructive criticism when needed/teachable moment, and also building them back up. This does not occur with the outsiders on the "Hill" in the basketball program.

Anyone close to this situation knows there is more to this story than your "free" advice! I do not know about Jimmy P's toughness but do know he talks out of both sides of his mouth to kids, etc. It isn't about being a tough coach, it is about a coach getting the most out of his kids by being up front and honest with kids, providing constructive criticism when needed/teachable moment, and also building them back up. This does not occur with the outsiders on the "Hill" in the basketball program.

Welcome to the site. Interesting first post!

Guru owes me another beer. Got a new poster to sign up.

Sounds like 100% pure unadulterated excuses. Jimmy doesn't want to help or teach if you're not a local? Come on.

Sounds like 100% pure unadulterated excuses. Jimmy doesn't want to help or teach if you're not a local? Come on.

Local meaning legacy! Look at the rosters over the past few years, how many kids continue to play basketball after freshman year that have zero ties(parent, brother, sister, coach parent, etc)to NewCath. Covington played with 3 NewCath kids all summer in AAU, NewCath coaches watched, and your saying he was not better than any of the 5 starters on JV? Come on Clyde!