Looking to buy a sound bar for my TV

I purchased yesterday in Lexington at Pieratt's A Polk 9000 IHT Soundbar with a wireless subwoofer that is Awesome! Also got a 60' inch Sharp LED Qualtron 3D, 1080, 240hz. TV, a Sharp blue ray dvd player, 3D glasses, Wall mounting kit, and a couple of HDMI cables. Starting to get ready for the Superbowl.

• 6 months later...

I have 3 different soundbars. A Yamaha that I bought about years ago, for around $800. It's very solid, multiple optical inputs, gives pretty close to 3d surround sound. I have a $200 polk subwoofer attached to it. My newest soundbar, is also a Yamaha, integrated subwoofer, it was an open box item that I paid about $200 for, regular price was about $300. It sounds pretty good, but really lacks the low end punch, but will satisfy most listeners. My third soundbar is a Vizio, that I spent less than $100 on, online. It's in my home gym, and sounds decent, but the high end it a little too high, and very little low end at all. Works well with music, not so great for home theater.

To get something decent, you're probably looking at at least $400 and you'll still need an external subwoofer.

I have 3 different soundbars. A Yamaha that I bought about years ago, for around $800. It's very solid, multiple optical inputs, gives pretty close to 3d surround sound. I have a $200 polk subwoofer attached to it. My newest soundbar, is also a Yamaha, integrated subwoofer, it was an open box item that I paid about $200 for, regular price was about $300. It sounds pretty good, but really lacks the low end punch, but will satisfy most listeners. My third soundbar is a Vizio, that I spent less than $100 on, online. It's in my home gym, and sounds decent, but the high end it a little too high, and very little low end at all. Works well with music, not so great for home theater.

To get something decent, you're probably looking at at least $400 and you'll still need an external subwoofer.

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

I might just have to wait. Not wanting to spend a great deal on this. $400 would be a max. Got to get this house paid off before I go overboard with toys. :lol2:

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

I might just have to wait. Not wanting to spend a great deal on this. $400 would be a max. Got to get this house paid off before I go overboard with toys. :lol2:

It's all about the toys though!! Here is a link to the Yamaha soundbar I just got.

Yamaha 7.1 Channel All-In-One Soundbar

I like it, and soundwise it does pretty good. I think it would do pretty well with an external subwoofer attached, especially in a medium sized room. I used to have a full 6 speaker setup, but it got to be a pain with wires, a separate receiver etc. Soundbars are really compact, provide decent sound, and don't require a big entertainment center or need miles of wires. Many come with the hardware to mount on the wall. I'll take the reduction in sound quality for the ease of use and installation.