Holmes 74 Scott 69

Walter

I wasn't there but #14 for Scott running his mouth makes me laugh. It would be an absolute first for him...

May have been #12...but I clearly remember #12 or #14 running his mouth to Coston with Coston walking away laughing and when the ref came up and said something to Coston, Coston replied with "I didn't say anything. He's the one following me still talking." (As a Scott player and is grabbing the kid to pull him away)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any elbow swung through the head with or without contact is supposed to be an automatic technical/intentional foul. Any blow to the head which that play was, is supposed to be called as a new point of emphasis this year. It was not and was a huge play. Holmes makes 2 FT's when it should have been according to the rules 2 FT's and the ball for Scott.

The crew in the first game of the evening did a great job (Harrison/Russell). The crew in this game missed a number of calls, and a lot of elbows that were purposely thrown by Holmes players.

How do you know they were PURPOSELY thrown? Did you ask the kid personally? If a ref thought something was intentional, they'd call it.

#21 for Scott undercut Chames from behind on a dunk attempt then stood over him but no intentional foul was called...but I guess that's just playing basketball, right? If you are going to point out things one team did, atleast own up to the same things Scott was doing as well.

The young man was holding his jaw/chin in obvious pain. He kept checking for blood in his mouth. Nothing to be interpreted there even for the most unintelligent basketball fan.

And it was one hell of an acting job...trust me. I was as close as you can get to the play when it happened. Nothing intentional/malicious about it.

And it was one hell of an acting job...trust me. I was as close as you can get to the play when it happened. Nothing intentional/malicious about it.

Your post are almost as comical as the officiating last night. You and unbias do not belong in the same sentence. I'm not surprised you making excuses for the Holmes players actions. I seen the whole game, Holmes played dirty last night. Castleman was reacting to the dirty play of Bolden as well as Buckner reacting to the other Holmes player. Take off your rose colored glasses. Holmes is very good, they do not need to play dirty.

Your post are almost as comical as the officiating last night. You and unbias do not belong in the same sentence. I'm not surprised you making excuses for the Holmes players actions. I seen the whole game, Holmes played dirty last night. Castleman was reacting to the dirty play of Bolden as well as Buckner reacting to the other Holmes player. Take off your rose colored glasses. Holmes is very good, they do not need to play dirty.

The only thing Castleman and Buckner were responding to was Bolden talking trash. Trust me. I know how the kid plays. Very confident kid that will try to get in your head. I watched Bolden talking to Castleman, smiling, and then Castleman push him. Everyone in the gym saw it. Take off the blue blinders and admit Scott wasn't as perfect as you're making them out to be. The way you're talking, Scott didn't commit a foul. Jackson lowered his shoulder 5 times and ran a Holmes player over with either a no call or foul on Holmes being called.

Holmes was playing dirty? Lol If Holmes is a dirty team, why is it just now being brought up 12 games in to the year?

Officiating and my comments weren't made or brought up until the Scott fans started complaining about "fouls".

If you don't think that game was bad both ways, you obviously didn't watch much.

Oh and for the record....I've talked to several Scott players in the last couple mins that don't agree with you saying Holmes played dirty last night.

"Good defense and very physical after we were physical with them" from one player.

"Both teams were going at it hard" from another.

"We are all good friends off the court. I can guarantee nobody was trying to hurt someone" from another.

From a Holmes player

"It was just being competitive. Both teams were running their mouths but after the game you saw us all hugging in the line."

Again... Neither team played dirty last night and your comments are wrong. I'll take their opinion and first hand account over yours, sir. And I mean that with no disrespect but you obviously are letting bias get in the way of your opinion. Look at my first couple posts. Officiating and actions of kids never would've came up. I'm simply responding to untrue accusations.

The only thing Castleman and Buckner were responding to was Bolden talking trash. Trust me. I know how the kid plays. Very confident kid that will try to get in your head. I watched Bolden talking to Castleman, smiling, and then Castleman push him. Everyone in the gym saw it. Take off the blue blinders and admit Scott wasn't as perfect as you're making them out to be. The way you're talking, Scott didn't commit a foul. Jackson lowered his shoulder 5 times and ran a Holmes player over with either a no call or foul on Holmes being called.

Holmes was playing dirty? Lol If Holmes is a dirty team, why is it just now being brought up 12 games in to the year?

Officiating and my comments weren't made or brought up until the Scott fans started complaining about "fouls".

If you don't think that game was bad both ways, you obviously didn't watch much.

Oh and for the record....I've talked to several Scott players in the last couple mins that don't agree with you saying Holmes played dirty last night.

"Good defense and very physical after we were physical with them" from one player.

"Both teams were going at it hard" from another.

"We are all good friends off the court. I can guarantee nobody was trying to hurt someone" from another.

From a Holmes player

"It was just being competitive. Both teams were running their mouths but after the game you saw us all hugging in the line."

Again... Neither team played dirty last night and your comments are wrong. I'll take their opinion and first hand account over yours, sir. And I mean that with no disrespect but you obviously are letting bias get in the way of your opinion. Look at my first couple posts. Officiating and actions of kids never would've came up. I'm simply responding to untrue accusations.

You're completely incorrect on your 'facts.' Your opinions are your opinions and you have every right to them but to accuse others of being biased with some of the stuff your saying is off base. Agree to disagree entirely.

You're completely incorrect on your 'facts.' Your opinions are your opinions and you have every right to them but to accuse others of being biased with some of the stuff your saying is off base. Agree to disagree entirely.

Fair enough.

And just so you know, I didn't think either team played dirty. My comments were simply to point out that there were questionable things that Scott did too that could be considered "dirty." If the players think it was just a good physical game with both teams being competitive, I'm perfectly fine with agreeing with it.

it was bad both ways. Walter take off your blinders!! Bolden threw the first elbow and #2 responded. Any elbow swing to the head is automatic ejection. Like I said, Walter, officials fault for not controlling game. Both teams were playing with heart and passion. I never blamed the kids. Officials control that.

May have been #12...but I clearly remember #12 or #14 running his mouth to Coston with Coston walking away laughing and when the ref came up and said something to Coston, Coston replied with "I didn't say anything. He's the one following me still talking." (As a Scott player and is grabbing the kid to pull him away)

It was #14 talking trash because I was sitting on the floor and heard it.

It was not a blatant elbow, it was an inbounds pass the Scott player tried to steal the pass and hacked Bolden in the shoulder. Bolden's caught the ball came stright down and elbow caught him in the face. Happened 10 feet in front of me. Nothing intentional about it. Let me just say it was very physical and the Eagles were not victims. Both teams did not back down.

There is no doubt that Bolden could have handled his cool better. He was absolutely getting beat up physically. A lot wasn't called. I'd have done it too if they aren't going to call it. Scott reacted better in my opinion to the physical play of things not being called. These are 2 very good teams that the coaches know how to take advantage of and players respond to.

You know I'm a 'dogs fan, but let me say that I can understand their frustration. I like most do appreciate the good play of all the teams. I don't believe the officiating was one-sided, but it was really physical that good basketball was not played the final quarter. I was frustrated, also, because the game was called really inconsistently. This happens, as we all know. I truly believe the officials tried to do their best but they were responding to both coaches who were upset at them and their kids at times. The refs did call a double foul at one point trying to get it settled. There will always be someone from all teams that blame the refs. The bootom line is the 'dogs won by 5 and on this night that is probably the way it should have ended. Kudos to teh Eagles for playing tough and not quitting and the 'dogs for hanging in there and weathering the storm.

You know I'm a 'dogs fan, but let me say that I can understand their frustration. I like most do appreciate the good play of all the teams. I don't believe the officiating was one-sided, but it was really physical that good basketball was not played the final quarter. I was frustrated, also, because the game was called really inconsistently. This happens, as we all know. I truly believe the officials tried to do their best but they were responding to both coaches who were upset at them and their kids at times. The refs did call a double foul at one point trying to get it settled. There will always be someone from all teams that blame the refs. The bootom line is the 'dogs won by 5 and on this night that is probably the way it should have ended. Kudos to teh Eagles for playing tough and not quitting and the 'dogs for hanging in there and weathering the storm.

I'll agree with you that the speed of this game was so fast that the officials could not keep up. The game was not decided by the officials, it was decided in the 1st have when Scott dug themselves a hole, but the calls for the vast majority went to the home team. They play again in January in Taylor Mill, should be another great basketball game.