Will Justin Burke rethink..........

And...? Do you honestly think he wasn't trying to keep each of those kids happy?

Happy is not a concern for a head coach with big expectations. This isn't grade school. There are not 10 coaches in America with higher expectations from their fan base than Fulmer. Politics have zip to do with any decision he makes.

If politics were his MO, CJ Leak would have seen a lot of action at qb so that his younger brother would also come to UT. Didn't happen. Chris Leak goes to FLA.

Exactly! :thumb: :thumb:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...? Do you honestly think he wasn't trying to keep each of those kids happy?

Happy is not a concern for a head coach with big expectations. This isn't grade school. There are not 10 coaches in America with higher expectations from their fan base than Fulmer. Politics have zip to do with any decision he makes.

If politics were his MO, CJ Leak would have seen a lot of action at qb so that his younger brother would also come to UT. Didn't happen. Chris Leak goes to FLA.

Whatever, you must be the expert. Answer this question: Do you think the Tennessee QB situation was handled good? Yes or no? If you say yes, then you know nothing about Tennessee and obviously it didn't work. If you say no then give your opinion why.

Whatever, you must be the expert. Answer this question: Do you think the Tennessee QB situation was handled good? Yes or no? If you say yes, then you know nothing about Tennessee and obviously it didn't work. If you say no then give your opinion why.

Thank you.

The problem was that the qbs that were tried failed to produce. The only way I guy your argument is if your boy tore it up but was replaced anyway. That didn't happen. Fulmer was looking (and still is, BTW) for a qb that can consistently produce. He has not had that in the last few years and its bit him in the rump.

Thank you.

The problem was that the qbs that were tried failed to produce. The only way I guy your argument is if your boy tore it up but was replaced anyway. That didn't happen. Fulmer was looking (and still is, BTW) for a qb that can consistently produce. He has not had that in the last few years and its bit him in the rump.

True, IMO the difference is that they were all young and unproven. I couldn't understand the rotation. I remember on many occasions one seemed to be doing ok then he would rotate the other in. Sometimes it was Ainge, sometimes is was Schaeffer, sometimes clausen. Young QB's will make the mistakes but they've got to work through them at one point. I thought it was odd that they never seemed to have a clear cut frontrunner. I know in Schaeffer's recruitment, many people close to him didn't want him to sign with UT because they felt he would be moved to another position. I think he performed better than they anticipated in drills and preseason. Gave him a better look. I think Ainge is their man. I do not think they ever had any intention of keeping Brent at QB. And I KNOW this goes on in big time college ball. This is happening right now to a QB in our area who is an outstanding athlete who has played QB in HS. They will sign him, play him at QB next season (redshirt) and move him the next year. They are trying to sign him, saying what he wants to hear so they get what they want. If that is not the same tactics that politicians use to get voted in then there ain't no cows in Texas. Just my opinion.

But as far as this thread goes I think Burke's going to be a great one. :banana:

I don't think so from what i heard he is just going there for the education anyway. As you know NC State is a very good acadimic school. I think he goes but will not be as effective as people think.

How many times have you seen him play down there in Somerset (the folks that love Lex Cath by the way :rolleyes: ) JB will be fine. I have never been around a more intellegent, confident, hard working, student of the game then Burke and I've been around a lot of High School football players.

Very, Very good. IMO Fulmer had three good ones, couldn't/wouldn't make a decision, hurt all three/and his team.

I agree. Erik Ainge had a great Freshman season before injuring his shoulder (don't know if the played a part in his downfall this last season or not). Rick Clausen was pretty good too that year, as well as Schaeffer. Lets not forget that Schaeffer is the #1 rated JUCO player this year. Doesn't change his off field antics. I think Justin we'll be fine at N.C. St. He is pretty good in his own right. There is no doubt he would have his hands full with Schaeffer, especially if Brent can keep his nose clean.