Team Preview: Holmes

Dateline Park Hills, KY by Walter

Covington Catholic, perennial 2nd place losers to the beloved Holmes Bulldogs, might be decent his year with obvious help from the refs. PG Nick Ruthsatz, luckily not attending Holmes or he'd never see the floor, leads the Colonels in scoring (hard not to do with that lame bunch and when your dad is the coach). I'm sure there's some sophomore that the MAFIA is talking about like they always do (when they're not trying to get the coach fired) that will have some nice success (outside of David Evans Fieldhouse). The Colonel Crazies (kids that can't play basketball) will be in full force (yelling mean things). And of course they will not be able to dunk as much as Holmes. Hey, they might have a decent season.

Walter, you know I'm just having some fun with you.

Really a shame because he had a nice game and he could leap.

From what I understand, Kenny benefitted a lot from always being bigger and more athletic than other kids his age...when he got to the level where other kids had caught up with him, he simply didn't have the work ethic to stick around and continue to try and get better.

A shame though because as you said, he could jump out of the gym and was a tough kid.

Good job Walter. Size will be the determining factor. This is the deepest and most talented team Coach Booher has had at Holmes. They have two outsanding Freshmen with Arnold and the big kid Moore you mentioned. The big kid Moore can play but he is a freshman and he will need to develop. He may be a key contributor by tourney time. Beadle, Colston and Palmer can all shoot and Holmes will defend like crazy. I'm worried about teams with bigs like NCC, HC, and Cooper jamming it inside and Englemon getting in foul trouble and them not having an answer. Again, if teams can break the pressure, take care of the ball in half court, and feed inside to their bigs, Holmes will be beatable, if not, they will run you out of the gym.