Russell/Estill County renewing their rivalry?

I heard the same thing, seems pretty reliable.

But, it does baffle me, Russell drops Raceland which yields a really good gate, a two mile drive, and great competition to prepare them for the post season to sign a contract with a team that is 130 miles away, and will have a fraction of the gate that Raceland/Russell yielded.

Wow.

Also heard that Madison Southern was dropping Garrard County and picking up Estill County

It hasn't been guaranteed, but I have heard the same as you about Madison Southern/Garrard County.

As for Russell/Estill, it isn't inconceivable that they could meet up in the playoffs, along with their regular season game.

• 2 weeks later...
They may play an 8 game schedule.

To me there is no reason why the Greenup and Boyd county schools wouldn't all play each other every season. Obviously some of those games would be required district games, but if you played each other you are guaranteeing five local games that would either be a huge money maker (if home games) or a close travel game to provide a nice road crowd (if away games). Any argument against this is silly and counter-intuitive to what high school sports should be.

To me there is no reason why the Greenup and Boyd county schools wouldn't all play each other every season. Obviously some of those games would be required district games, but if you played each other you are guaranteeing five local games that would either be a huge money maker (if home games) or a close travel game to provide a nice road crowd (if away games). Any argument against this is silly and counter-intuitive to what high school sports should be.

I agree. It's silly.

That is what we try to do, and yes they are usually good money games. After Russell dropped Raceland we have now renewed the series with Boyd County, added Coal Grove, OH and it looks like we will be adding Ironton, OH. We already play all the Greenup County and Boyd County Schools minus Russell now.