Russian attack sub in Gulf of Mexico for a month and we didn't know it...

only gave him credit because he works or him and it was all for PR anyway. I bet the head of SOCOM didnt want to say it, kind of like when Colin Powell didnt want to get on TV and tell about Iraq having all of these WMDs.

I guess we'll never know. Maybe one of your books you now use as your guide will tell us in a few years.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we'll never know. Maybe one of your books you now use as your guide will tell us in a few years.

Maybe, but no one knows what really goes on behind the closed doors at the WH. I bet less than half the truth is ever told by any President

Every good boss takes the hit publicly. Behind the scenes they figure out who screwed up. So how did the POTUS screw up by not knowing there was a sub in the Gulf?

Only way he would really screw this one up is if there were previous breaches of national security and he didn't hold his military leaders feet to the fire to make sure it didn't happen again. If we find out there were previous serious breaches then he has to be held accountable as the leader. In all likelyhood that would simply mean removing someone.

I'm not familiar with Presidents coming in and replacing military leaders. You?

I am sure you have worked at a company that had a change at the top and the new guy comes in and wants to change things, just for the sack of change without really understanding how things work and against the advice with explanation of why they are doing it this way!

The new Boss wants it his way and that is his right as the new Boss, but then when things so badly, don't blame the guys on the line for it, for it was your staff that wanted things changed!

Moral in the military is rather low

I am sure you have worked at a company that had a change at the top and the new guy comes in and wants to change things, just for the sack of change without really understanding how things work and against the advice with explanation of why they are doing it this way!

The new Boss wants it his way and that is his right as the new Boss, but then when things so badly, don't blame the guys on the line for it, for it was your staff that wanted things changed!

Moral in the military is rather low

I don't believe the military has bad morals.

So you're saying President Obama came in and put "his guys" into military leadership positions? The guy running the sub is a cronie?