2 new Indiana laws

hoosierbirdfan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana state law:

$10,000 (yes, ten thousand) fine for throwing out cigarette butts from car window.

Smokers are required to light up no closer than eight feet near any public entrance.

No problem with either. I wish the second were 80 feet inside of 8.

Indiana state law:

$10,000 (yes, ten thousand) fine for throwing out cigarette butts from car window.

Smokers are required to light up no closer than eight feet near any public entrance.

What's the fine for throwing a popcan or a McDonald's bag out the window. Is it $10,000?

Is the point to punish smokers or is it to stop people from littering?

If it's the same fine for any other trash as it is cigarette butts, then I'm all in favor.

What's the fine for throwing a popcan or a McDonald's bag out the window. Is it $10,000?

If it's the same fine for any other trash as it is cigarette butts, then I'm all in favor.

I don't think you see nearly as many pop cans or McDonald's bags catching grass on fire.

The emphasis is on fires.

I don't think you see nearly as many pop cans or McDonald's bags catching grass on fire.

I assumed it was litter related since there was no link attached.

I found one and it specifically says "a person who throws a lighted cigarette, cigar, match or other burning material from a moving motor vehicle can face a Class A infraction".

So if it's extinguished they're ok?

The $10k is a max. I couldn't find what first offenders are getting.

Clyde, I heard this on the news today and nothing was said about first offenders, so I assume it's a flat 10 grand for everyone. Obviously the dry weather put this law into motion.

Clyde, I heard this on the news today and nothing was said about first offenders, so I assume it's a flat 10 grand for everyone. Obviously the dry weather put this law into motion.

The articles I found used "maximum" in the description.