Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2 new Indiana laws

Featured Replies

Indiana state law:

 

$10,000 (yes, ten thousand) fine for throwing out cigarette butts from car window.

 

Smokers are required to light up no closer than eight feet near any public entrance.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the fine. I'm not a smoker and I don't like walking around seeing cigarette butts all over the place. Why do smokers think that is acceptable?

St Josephs County says that 30 of the 60 grass fires this year were caused by pitched cigarette butts.

Indiana state law:

 

$10,000 (yes, ten thousand) fine for throwing out cigarette butts from car window.

 

Smokers are required to light up no closer than eight feet near any public entrance.

No problem with either. I wish the second were 80 feet inside of 8.

The $10k is a max. I couldn't find what first offenders are getting.

Indiana state law:

 

$10,000 (yes, ten thousand) fine for throwing out cigarette butts from car window.

 

Smokers are required to light up no closer than eight feet near any public entrance.

 

What's the fine for throwing a popcan or a McDonald's bag out the window. Is it $10,000?

 

Is the point to punish smokers or is it to stop people from littering?

 

If it's the same fine for any other trash as it is cigarette butts, then I'm all in favor.

What's the fine for throwing a popcan or a McDonald's bag out the window. Is it $10,000?

 

Is the point to punish smokers or is it to stop people from littering?

 

If it's the same fine for any other trash as it is cigarette butts, then I'm all in favor.

 

I don't think you see nearly as many pop cans or McDonald's bags catching grass on fire.

What's the fine for throwing a popcan or a McDonald's bag out the window. Is it $10,000?

 

Is the point to punish smokers or is it to stop people from littering?

 

If it's the same fine for any other trash as it is cigarette butts, then I'm all in favor.

 

The emphasis is on fires.

I don't think you see nearly as many pop cans or McDonald's bags catching grass on fire.

 

I assumed it was litter related since there was no link attached.

 

I found one and it specifically says "a person who throws a lighted cigarette, cigar, match or other burning material from a moving motor vehicle can face a Class A infraction".

 

So if it's extinguished they're ok?

  • Author
The $10k is a max. I couldn't find what first offenders are getting.

 

Clyde, I heard this on the news today and nothing was said about first offenders, so I assume it's a flat 10 grand for everyone. Obviously the dry weather put this law into motion.

Well I do smoke cigars, but not in my car or in public places other than cigar bars.

Clyde, I heard this on the news today and nothing was said about first offenders, so I assume it's a flat 10 grand for everyone. Obviously the dry weather put this law into motion.

 

The articles I found used "maximum" in the description.

Clyde, I heard this on the news today and nothing was said about first offenders, so I assume it's a flat 10 grand for everyone. Obviously the dry weather put this law into motion.

 

What about now that it is raining?

What about now that it is raining?

 

Maybe that's why they added "maximum."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.