Bowling Green 42 Bullitt East 14

swamprat

Give credit to B.E. fans. I think in the backof their mind they knew they were in trouble tonight but they were their to support their team. Some dude had the loudest horn i have ever heard and he would not lay off of it. BG was scoring at will and dude kept blowing the horn. I almost went to offer him cash to quit.

I am sure you are proud of your team B. E. fans. Sorry you ran into a greased machine tonight. You have to give our Defense credit. Though you moved ball - BG never felt like you were going to score in first 3 quarters. Our running game is for real as well.

Real test is against Burke and the Catholic kids.

All pass vs All run

Hyped QB (for real/Burke) vs Hyped Defense (for real/all 11)

Differnece - Running team = clock management. Hibbitt goes for 150 next week and Purps bring hold some rings.

Man I am proud of the Purples and will be on hand to pull for you guys to bring that big ole trophy back to WKY

It is GREAT to see you here again, 'Pick!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I have sorely missed my contact with you. Now that Tigertalker is back as well, the old WKY Gang is pretty much back again!! Mrs PH and I are definitely planning on being there for Championship Weekend next weekend. And by the way, I have a BGHS Game Program just for you!! We'll be pulling just as hard for Mayfield as well for sure!

BE got a full measure of shell shock on BGHS's first play from scrimmage. Senior FB Chris Reynolds (whose cousin Robert Reynolds got his jersey number 31 retired by BGHS tonight!!) busted a 75-yd gain down to the BE four. Junior HB Avery Hibbitt scored on the next play, and the Purples went up 7-0 after junior K Casey Tinius' PAT with 8:12 left in the first qtr. BE fumbled between their 30- and 40-yd lines the next two possessions. BGHS turned the ball over on downs the first drive, but they got their second TD off the other fumble, with junior HB Anthony Davis scoring from two yards out. Tinius booted his second PAT and the Purples led 14-0 with 1:43 left in the first qtr.

In the second qtr, BE took a drive into BGHS territory, but the drive stalled and the Purples got the ball on their own 35 yard line. On third and five at their own 40, Davis set sail on a 60-yd jaunt. Tinius knocked the ball through the uprights again, and the Purples led 21-0 with 9:44 left in the first half. With just 26 seconds before halftime, senior TE Brendan Nestor hauled in a short TD strike from soph QB Trent Steelman. With Tinius' PAT, the Purples took a 28-0 halftime lead.

Senior DB/KR Carlos Fugate made some conspicuous noise in the third qtr. He made an excellent return of the opening kickoff down to the BE 38 yard line. A little while later, Fugate also intercepted a pass and got a big return to the BE 32 yard line. Steelman ran four yards for a score at the 5:46 mark in the third, and the Tinius PAT made it BGHS 35, BE 0. The Purples' final score of the night came with 51 seconds left in the third, as Davis scored for the third time, this time on a short burst. Tinius booted the PAT, and BGHS had the commanding 42-0 lead.

BE finally got on the board in the fourth qtr. The first score, a four-yd pass, was the FIRST TD pass thrown against the Purples all season!! Rakes also scored on a short run. The Chargers knocked through both PATs, and that was the ball game!

Keep your heads up, Charger coaches, players, and fans. You all had a super season this year, and you all should be immensely proud of your efforts!

Rest assured that the Purples will be more than ready to do battle with Lexington Catholic next week for all of the 3A marbles!! :D

I said it last week and I'll say it again. This BG team is as focused as I have seen a high school team. They approach each week in a business like approach.

Last week when they beat Hopkinsville 3-0 and was given the Region Championship trophy at midfield there wasn't any taunting or bostering of sorts. They got their trophy and took it to the locker room. Didn't do anything to show up the Tigers. In fact Hoptown had a few kids crying so to speak knowing that their high school playing days were over. A few of the Coaches from BG like Rosco Echols, Demon Franklin, & Mark Spader took the time to console the Hoptown kids and givem them some words of encouragement. You can include 7-10 of the BG players that also showed great class and sportsmanship.

Kevin Wallace has taken his share of criticsm over the years. But you can never lay blame on his effort. He works hard to prepare his team.

Of course, Mark was a senior on the 1984 Hoptown team that was 3A Runner-Up to Danville. He's being a good alumnus there, and I'm glad to hear that. But Roscoe and Demo are BGHS Alumni, and I'm proud of the example they showed and followed Mark's lead in consoling the Hoptown players! All three assistant coaches are class acts, and I'm proud to call each one FRIEND!

Thanx for sharing that, 'Talker! That's just one example of why I am proud of the guys and our staff. And Kevin Wallace is finally on the verge of reaping that reward he richly deserves!

:D

Congratulations to the BG team and fans. Way back in game #1 you earned my respect. What a defense! IMO, you guys pursue the ball better than any other team we've played this year, close on a ball carrier faster and tackle well. It's great to hear that several BG guys took it to the next level with their sportsmanship and love of the game and respect for their opponents. That is what the bigger lessons say everyone should do. Congratulations again. A Louisville fan of this BG team! STXMAN.

Congratulations to the BG team and fans. Way back in game #1 you earned my respect. What a defense! IMO, you guys pursue the ball better than any other team we've played this year, close on a ball carrier faster and tackle well. It's great to hear that several BG guys took it to the next level with their sportsmanship and love of the game and respect for their opponents. That is what the bigger lessons say everyone should do. Congratulations again. A Louisville fan of this BG team! STXMAN.

In behalf of the coaches, the team, and the fans, I thank you! These coaches and the guys on the team are great. They are great football players, however, they are great people as well. PH and I are proud to be associated with the coaches, the guys, the parents and the other fans!