Does your school have a weight lifting program?

Newport has one. Its an Advanced PE class and yes I do believe the coaches run it. Then they have after school lifting the second semester of the year for people who want to lift but couldnt for some reason get into the PE class.

Didn't Newport get a new weight room not to long ago???????????

The ROCKS weight room is better than some college programs run by Coach Maddox, ex. Pro Ball player, coach at Uof L, University of Miami ect.. Ky. State Power Lifting Champs "2001, 2002, 2003, 2004", National High School Power Lifting Champs "2003" "2004". Most of the Team comprises of Football Players and the Head Football Coach & Coach Maddox work hand in hand. Their off season conditioning program is strong, it seperates the Men from the Boys!!

I for one was quite impressed with the ROCKS weight room. And coach Maddox was very proud of it as he and the ROCKS should be. It sounds like it was well run and from all the championship banners that adorned the place it appears to be working.

Last thing that cought my attention during our little tour was that the weight room was open to others several times a week too.

The ROCKS weight room is better than some college programs run by Coach Maddox, ex. Pro Ball player, coach at Uof L, University of Miami ect.. Ky. State Power Lifting Champs "2001, 2002, 2003, 2004", National High School Power Lifting Champs "2003" "2004". Most of the Team comprises of Football Players and the Head Football Coach & Coach Maddox work hand in hand. Their off season conditioning program is strong, it seperates the Men from the Boys!!