Winless Teams 2019/2020

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 1/20/20 there are 5 winless teams.

Region 2

Livingston Central 0-18

Region 9

Covington Latin 0-7

Region 11

Frankfort Christian 0-12

Region 15

Jenkins 0-13

Piarist School 0-1 (Forfeited season)

I'm curious, why have you used a different standard in this thread than you stated was important to many in the thread titled "Kentucky's Remaining Undefeated Teams"? To support your position you used phrases like, "significant to note", "we don't want any team to go unnoticed", "against Kentucky competition" and "within the bluegrass". You would have to look no further than the 1st region to answer why I have posed this question, thank you.

I'm curious, why have you used a different standard in this thread than you stated was important to many in the thread titled "Kentucky's Remaining Undefeated Teams"? To support your position you used phrases like, "significant to note", "we don't want any team to go unnoticed", "against Kentucky competition" and "within the bluegrass". You would have to look no further than the 1st region to answer why I have posed this question, thank you.

Because being undefeated, or undefeated against Kentucky competition is starkly different than being winless. I suppose that some of the winless teams have also lost to out-of-state teams, but In the case of being winless, I don’t see any real significance in noting it.

Being undefeated against Kentucky competition I believe is significant to note because we’re looking at that as a strength worth noting, and could have bearing on which teams make it to the Sweet 16, or in the example of Hazard, they’re going to really be up against stiff competition in the upcoming All ‘A’, and it will be interesting to see how they fair there.

Sure different teams have different strengths in schedules, so sometimes undefeated could be misleading in knowing just how strong a team might be, but if Hazard can take the All ‘A’ it would be safe to say that they truly are a serious contender.

If not, then they’ll be removed from the undefeated list, but until they if/do lose to a Kentucky team, I’ll keep the readers and posters here on BGP aware of all teams still undefeated against Kentucky competition because I believe that it’s worth noting, and that many here would be interested in knowing.

Besides... I don’t know it you’re aware of it, but I for a number of recent years have had a thread recognizing both undefeated teams, and winless teams. This season I held off for awhile with the winless thread, but when one of those winless teams finally do get a win I will recognize it, and celebrate it.

Some may find the winless thread interesting, some may not, but in the case of a Little Sisters of the Poor team finally getting their first win, it’s fun for them I’m sure that someone noticed, and noted it for many others to recognize.

At the end of the day, it’s very possible that the disparity within this topic is very much a mountain out of a molehill thing that I would bet my life savings that no one here is losing sleep over.

I’d like to see a show of hands of who here is losing sleep over this…

See… “Crickets”... just as I pretty much figured, but I respect your concern in this ever so important matter.

Go Hazard!

Go Livingston Central!

Go Covington Latin!

Go Frankfort Christian!

Go Jenkins!

Go Piarist School!...well here’s to hoping that you get back on track and suit up a team next season.

As of 1/22/20 there are 6 winless teams.

Region 2

Livingston Central 0-18

Region 9

Covington Latin 0-7

Region 11

Frankfort Christian 0-13

Region 12

Ky School f/t Deaf 0-7

Region 15

Jenkins 0-13

And as @cincydragons has pointed out before this post Ky School f/t Deaf presently have the longest losing streak in the State of Kentucky that goes back to the 2017/2018 season, which now sits at 32 games in a row.

As of 1/24/20 there are 6 winless teams.

Region 2

Livingston Central 0-19

Region 9

Covington Latin 0-8

Region 11

Frankfort Christian 0-14

Region 12

Ky School f/t Deaf 0-8 (Current longest losing streak at 33 games)

Region 15

Jenkins 0-14

Lee County just squeaked by Jenkins 67-66 so Jenkins remains winless.

As of 1/25/20 there are 6 winless teams

Region 2

Livingston Central 0-19

Region 9

Covington Latin 0-8

Region 11

Frankfort Christian 0-14

Region 12

Region 15

Jenkins 0-15

As of 1/26/20 there are 6 winless teams

Region 2

Livingston Central 0-19

Region 9

Covington Latin 0-9

Region 11

Frankfort Christian 0-14

Region 12

Region 15

Jenkins 0-15