3A #5 Ashland Paul Blazer at Wheelersburg (OH) Predictions/Updates

zebraman

Who Wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Ashland Paul Blazer
    • Wheelersburg

Ashland hosts Wheelersburg this week. Wheelersburg has enjoyed the view from the top the last few years with deep runs through the playoffs. However the seem to be struggling to get traction this season. Ashland is fresh off of their running clock win over WV George Washington. Who wins?

Ashland hosts Wheelersburg this week. Wheelersburg has enjoyed the view from the top the last few years with deep runs through the playoffs. However the seem to be struggling to get traction this season. Ashland is fresh off of their running clock win over WV George Washington. Who wins?

Ashland is actually on the road this week, and that makes a huge difference, playing in Ohio. I believe this week will give us a much better idea of exactly what kind of team the Tomcats have this year.

You are right, my apologies. In the past, I would totally agree with you. However, this is not the same Wheelersburg team. I think to see what they really have, we will have to wait a week when Ashland battles the Ironton team that beat Wheelersburg 30-6.

You are right, my apologies. In the past, I would totally agree with you. However, this is not the same Wheelersburg team. I think to see what they really have, we will have to wait a week when Ashland battles the Ironton team that beat Wheelersburg 30-6.

I agree with you that the Pirates seem to be a little down from the past few years, but if Ashland goes over there and gets beat then we can probably say that Russell may be favored to win the district with how well they played at Ironton this past week.

Wheelersburg has been hammered in their first two games by very good teams that are both ranked in the top 5 of their divisions. And they are without question not the same 'Burg team we've seen the last few years. But, like LRCW said, it makes a huge difference crossing the river and playing the Pirates at their place. You'd better believe that Coach Woodward (one of the absolute best coaches around) will have his team prepared. I'm going to guess that forcing Jake Gregg to win the game with his arm is part of the Wheelersburg game plan this week, because Ashland is tough up front and boasts more speed in the backfield than perhaps any team in the tri-state area. Hester and Pittman have been as advertised so far. I like Ashland to win, but I expect Wheelersburg to bring the fight to the Tomcats.