Pikeville 9 Paintsville 8

mcpapa

Great matchup between 2 rivals! Fun to watch!

I'd like to go back and watch this one in its entirety. But just in case that doesn't happen, could you provide a brief synopsis of how this one played out? Obviously Paintsville did something right on defense to hold that high octane Pikeville offense to nine points.

I'd like to go back and watch this one in its entirety. But just in case that doesn't happen, could you provide a brief synopsis of how this one played out? Obviously Paintsville did something right on defense to hold that high octane Pikeville offense to nine points.

I watched it online. Paintsville owned the LOS on both sides. They got some pressure on the quarterback as well. Jaylen Allen came to play for Paintsville. John Collum came to play for Pikeville.

I watched it online. Paintsville owned the LOS on both sides. They got some pressure on the quarterback as well. Jaylen Allen came to play for Paintsville. John Collum came to play for Pikeville.

Yep..

- Paintsville was their own worst enemy IMHO. Some questionable play calling in key situations and also some mental errors on the field.

- Paintsville really gave Pikeville's run game fits and caused the QB MacNamee to get antsy with their ability to get in the backfield. MacNamee is very talented but very young, this was the first time he was asked to make throws with the Defense bearing down and he struggled a bit.

- Special Teams play for Paintsville was less than desirable including missing a chip shot FG that would have potentially won the game, and subsequently choosing to go for it on 4th and Short in Field Goal range after that miss.

- Pikeville did make big plays when they needed it, specifically on Defense. That Collum kid was a beast. Rains did everything he could at RB but had nowhere to run. The yardage he produced he earned.