Beechwood vs. Breckinridge County (Whitaker Bank/KHSAA State Baseball Quarterfinal)

Who advances to the state semifinals?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to the state semifinals?

• Beechwood
    • Breckinridge County

Beechwood ran its record to an incredible 38-1 with a come-from-behind 4-3 victory over a game Montgomery County squad. Mr. Baseball candidate Logan Castleman delivered the game winning run with an RBI single in extra innings.

Breckinridge County (28-5) continued its dream season with a 7-3 win over South Warren, extending the Fighting Tigers' winning streak to 14. They'll need a great outing from the mound if they hope to contain a potent Beechwood lineup and extend the best season in school history.

Game time is Wednesday, June 5th at 5:30pm at Whitaker Bank Ballpark.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Beechwood will start Carter Noah then pending how the game goes maybe pull him early if they can get a decent lead to maybe save him for Championship. In Regional they pitched Carter and Brett Holladay just enough to be available for the next round and the Championship.

I wonder if Beechwood will start Carter Noah then pending how the game goes maybe pull him early if they can get a decent lead to maybe save him for Championship. In Regional they pitched Carter and Brett Holladay just enough to be available for the next round and the Championship.

Got to be the play. Fully rested #1 has to go and hope the win and low pitch count follow. If they win, then Friday's pitcher probably sees no more championship action. One game at a time.

Got to be the play. Fully rested #1 has to go and hope the win and low pitch count follow. If they win, then Friday's pitcher probably sees no more championship action. One game at a time.

Sounds simple, but I’ve seen coaches get burned almost every year by holding their ace back. I’ll never understand it.

Sounds simple, but I’ve seen coaches get burned almost every year by holding their ace back. I’ll never understand it.

The line between #1 and #2 is very thin for Beechwood. Some on here have said Holladay is actually the #1 and Noah #2. It comes down to matchups and who you want starting the title game if you get there. Holladay is just a freshman but he is very poised. Noah just threw 120 pitches on Saturday. Maybe they want to give him a couple extra days. There are a number of factors to consider and there is not an obvious right decision. The biggest worry for Beechwood is probably the weather. If today's game is cancelled that will likely push Beechwood deeper into a staff that appears to be two starters deep.

The line between #1 and #2 is very thin for Beechwood. Some on here have said Holladay is actually the #1 and Noah #2. It comes down to matchups and who you want starting the title game if you get there. Holladay is just a freshman but he is very poised. Noah just threw 120 pitches on Saturday. Maybe they want to give him a couple extra days. There are a number of factors to consider and there is not an obvious right decision. The biggest worry for Beechwood is probably the weather. If today's game is cancelled that will likely push Beechwood deeper into a staff that appears to be two starters deep.

Yes there are instances where #1 and #2 (or even 3) are very close. I’m referring to cases where there is a clear number 1.

Will Beechwood radio on Mixlr be covering the game?

I don't know but this link has the official KHSAA coverage of everything:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-baseball-high/whitaker-bank-khsaa-379346.html

Additionally everyone, if someone wants to post updates please do it in this thread and any of the other predictions threads.

We are trying some new things to better serve everyone.