NKU 91 Cleveland State 76

UKMustangFan

Norse improve to 15-4 overall and 5-1 in Horizon league play.

Didn't get to watch this one, but saw they hit 15 3's. Gonna be tough to beat if they can do that each night.

Sharpe had 23 to lead the way.

McDonald had 19 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. Drew is currently on pace to become NKU's all-time leading scorer. He sits at 1,789 career points. 219 points away from the record with a minimum of 13 games to go.

Robinson & Tate each pitched in 17 for the Norse as well.

Next up is a road tilt against Youngstown State tomorrow afternoon at 1 pm.

McDonald had 19 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. Drew is currently on pace to become NKU's all-time leading scorer. He sits at 1,789 career points. 219 points away from the record with a minimum of 13 games to go.

Is that all-time Division 1 scorer or legitimately all-time leading scorer? Either way, that's incredible. I speak to his aunt and uncle quite a bit at games and they are great people.

Is that all-time Division 1 scorer or legitimately all-time leading scorer? Either way, that's incredible. I speak to his aunt and uncle quite a bit at games and they are great people.

From what I was able to find, it's all time leading scorer, regardless of division.

NKU has torched the last two teams that have decided to not pressure them and/or sit in a zone. Detroit played 2-3 the entire game and Cleveland State played a soft man and then 1-3-1 zone for periods of time. I don't think NKU will see much more zone this year.

NKU hit 8 of 10 threes in the first 10 minutes and led 30-21. They hit 10 of 19 threes in the first half and then hit their first 5 threes of the second half, so they were 15 for 24 at one point. Sharpe was on fire, as was Robinson, and others were hitting as well.

Tate is an absolute force at both ends. He's excellent on the ball and on D in general. On the offensive end, he has been unstoppable getting to the lane lately and is just good enough from three to keep teams honest.

Only downside last night was allowing 76 points to a CSU team that did not have their leading scorer Appleby. As good as the offense was, it was back to a 10 point game with about 3 minutes left.

How long can NKU keep their coach? Seems like a bigger program might come after him. He's done a very good job.

All depends. On one hand you hate to lose a coach like Brannen. On the other hand, if you lose him, it means you've had some great success.

If they make the tournament again this season, I think NKU is going to have to really pony up some $$ to keep him. Also depends on who all comes calling.